Opinions of Colon, Wade Miller, and Nomo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Opinions of Colon, Wade Miller, and Nomo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Erboes » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:20 am

I'm with Hootie on this one. Miller didn't slip a bit last season in dominance and command, but some bad luck and a tough stretch inflated his ERA higher than it should have been. His won/lose record reflects that Houston's offense slipped last season, and if they return to prior form Miller should win 20. Plus, Miller has proven he can pitch in Minutemaid without it affecting his numbers much, which negates Nomo's one advantage. I believe you got to look at more than one year's set of statistics. Nomo was better last season, but that means nothing for next.

Of couse, you can just keep Nomo for the first half and trade him for Miller at the break. Nomo's a first half guy and Miller is a second.

Forget about Colon. I'm a Clevelander so I know his act pretty well. You always think he's going to turn into something but he never does. And can someone explain to me how a guy who can throw 100 mph only strike out 173 in 242 innings? There's something wrong with the man. Maybe he doesn't care about being anything more than mediocre, I don't know, but I'd stay away.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:27 pm

Erboes wrote:Forget about Colon. I'm a Clevelander so I know his act pretty well. You always think he's going to turn into something but he never does. And can someone explain to me how a guy who can throw 100 mph only strike out 173 in 242 innings? There's something wrong with the man. Maybe he doesn't care about being anything more than mediocre, I don't know, but I'd stay away.

He can't stay away from a buffet line. :-t I had him pegged as a top 5 starter last year.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers