Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:58 am

Some explenation. Polish league looks a little diferent tahn US. We have 8 teams i ndivision one an 5 teams indivision two. My teeam is the youngest in league. There are 3 thirty years old guyc, two 20 and the reast is betwean 16 - 18. That was second season in big league. Besides what we need is more games. We have bean doing very bad (nmany E) at the beguining of the season. After a fev games oud defenste started to look beter. But there i stil a lot to be done. We know that we have to wourh hard on our defence and that is our first goal this winter. Give us one or two more seasons and E pool is going to be close to 0. One more thing. For last two season we didnt hve trainer. Now there is a guy with program which helps. After 3 month of practicing the wourse team in division 2 (we) has wone a game with 4th team from division one. Next season we wan to advance to play-offs. I hope that video you are talkong about is going to help. One more thing. We are practicing at the school yard. Righl firld is 210ft long, left is 180ft long. Ground is not flat so that balls bounces all over the places. We dont have our own fied. All we do is financed by our parents - we have no sponsors - and baseball is expensive sport. We are trying to play baseball eventhoue the condicions are ver hard.
Our addrese is:
ul. Oplaowa 5
05-500 Piaseczno
POLAND
Any help is useful.
Regards

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:01 pm

P.S. The team that used to win European Turnament of Champons in 2000 used to do 1 E at each game, never more. But there is only 2 of us playing still this team :-)

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:03 pm

That was me Grzegorz Paskudzki
mailto:gpaskudzki@centaury.pl

Postby Arlo » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:14 pm

Sounds very cool. It's always hard to play a sport in a country where people don't grow up with the game, support will be minimal and even a good place to play is hard to come by. More power to you! ;-D

(Actually, one of the most interesting and off-beat games I ever saw was in Europe. An old-timers team - Berra, Rizzuto, Branca, Slaughter... - played, and soundly beat, an Austrian all-star squad... :-D )
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk