Community Prospect Rankings are Here - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Community Prospect Rankings are Here

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Koby Schellenger » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:46 pm

67) Kevin Slowey OF-Tor 6

Slowey is a pitcher for Minnesota.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:58 pm

Koby Schellenger wrote:
67) Kevin Slowey OF-Tor 6

Slowey is a pitcher for Minnesota.

Wow. Good call. That must have gotten screwed up when i was moving stuff around in Excel
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thedude » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:59 pm

bigken117 wrote:Hella good!

Wonder if we'll get a rankings icon or if this needs to be published as an article :-? However there is someone already doing prospect rankings as an article in here, so I um, I don't know....

It would be cool if we got ranking icons. ;-D But i really just enjoyed making up my list.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Jackalope » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:15 am

One update

33) Jason Hirsh - RHP-HOU 140

Is he not in Colorado now?

Definately using this list, the more I look the more I like!
Jackalope
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby FrozenRopes » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:46 am

nice list.

I was over at minorleagueball.com and saw Sickels mention his Top 50 hitting prospects list. I was wondering how this list compared to that one.
One question though:
Where the heck can I find that?
Pete Rose belongs in the hall.
FrozenRopes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigboy1234 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:29 am

44) Chris Ianetta - C-COL 57

Somebody is forgetting a "n".
54) John Danks RHP-CHW 36

Wow, he learned to throw righty too, he should be higher than 54 then.
77) Angel Villalona 3B-CIN 2

Holy crap, were the Giants that afraid of going young that they already traded him? (By the way, how the hell is he below Beltre, a good laugh can be had there.)
bigboy1234
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Eagle Eye

Postby bigken117 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:18 am

bigboy1234 wrote:

Holy crap, were the Giants that afraid of going young that they already traded him? (By the way, how the hell is he below Beltre, a good laugh can be had there.)

Thanks for the productive feedback. ;-7

Kevin Goldstein from BP ranked Villalona as the #2 Giants prospect, and the top international signing this past winter. People probably took that into consideration whereas Beltre (or Montero or Tejada) didn't even gets sniffs in the Red Sox or Yankees write ups.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:33 pm

Chances are, not a whole lotta people had Villanova in their top 50. I'm one of them. I just don't trust Giants when it comes to developing position players. I'll tell you that.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:28 pm

bigboy1234 wrote:

As i think i noted early, there might be some mistakes in position and team because i combined the lists on excel and the position and team colums did not get moved with the player name and score. Which is why some players have no team and or position listed. Thanks for pointing out the mistakes. If you look at the scores Beltre and Villalona are tied, that is just the order they ended up when making the list.

As for which deserves to be higher...that is open to some debate at this point, so far the only people who have ranked them are BA and they are going on limited scouting reports. Over the summer the top ranked internation free agents (according to ESPN Deportes) were 1)Montero and 2) Beltre, and Villalona was further down the list. what have they done since then? Have you seen either play? We have no numbers to go on at this point. I would probably say that Villalona was is ahead at this point, but no really knows until they play rookie ball this summer.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:21 pm

thedude wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Hella good!

Wonder if we'll get a rankings icon or if this needs to be published as an article :-? However there is someone already doing prospect rankings as an article in here, so I um, I don't know....

It would be cool if we got ranking icons. ;-D But i really just enjoyed making up my list.

It's Cafe policy to give out icons to the guys who rank and publish their rankings only. thedude, if one of you guys write an opening paragraph on how the rankings were put together and by who, I'm sure it will be run in the Rankings section and you guys will get icons. I think somebody should definately do it because this is a greta resource.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball