12 team H2H keeper league... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12 team H2H keeper league...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 team H2H keeper league...

Postby B-Chad » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:48 pm

Keeper league. 12 teams. 5 keepers with a luxury tax for a 6th (I like this as it adds a little extra cash to the pot, but is not a required fee if a team opts not to keep an extra player). Scoring includes for hitters: R, H, 1b, 2b, 3b, HR, RBI, BB, SB, K, FPCT, AVG, OPS
pitchers: IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV's, H, HR's, BB's, K's , Holds, ERA, WHIP
It is a head to head league.
6 teams make the playoffs with 2 byes
My keepers are going to be
Justin Morneau, Johan Santana, Vernon Wells, Garrett Atkins, Vladimir Guerrero, and most likely Victor Martinez (with Carlos Delgado being the odd man out)

I'm contemplating dealing Victor Martinez for draft picks. I was thinking Victor and like a 8th for a 3rd and a 4th. I feel like there is good value at the catcher position this year. Guys like Russell Martin and new A's DH Mike Piazza, as an owner would you take a deal like that if you weren't keeping a catcher (only one other owner keeping a catcher-Joe Mauer).
Also I feel like there is more value in keeping Atkins and simply drafting protection like Edwin Encarnacion later in case Atkins numbers slide substantially.
Finally, is there more value in dealing Morneau off an MVP season or keeping him and hoping he keeps up the strong performance. I see the BA sliding but feel like the power and rbi numbers could be very similar.
Any thoughts would be welcome
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lsu003 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:55 pm

By only signing a 1 year contract, Morneau is in another contract year. I like him to repeat last year's numbers. Trading him depends on what value you can get for him. I think he is probably a 20-25 overall pick. With your keepers, you should be strong no matter what.
lsu003
T-Ball Trainer

Postby bucball02 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:07 am

I'd really consider keeping V-mart. Him along with McCann and Mauer are a step above all the rest. It's hard to find 20hr 90rbi for catchers.
bucball02
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team