Luis Castillo news - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Luis Castillo news

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Shitney™ » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:44 am

Madison wrote:
pkarr5000 wrote:pierre stole bags because of castillos discipline and patience at the plate. he took plenty of pitches that he could have hit yet took them and let pierre steal. if luis leaves, now that everyone knows about pierre running and there are plenty of other guys that can steal in the league, juan becomes a bust.

Ok, so McKeon gives the two hole hitter the take sign. I don't see a problem there.

but unless that #2 hitter is a great contact hitter, the take sign becomes risky that high in the batting order..
Shitney™
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:52 am

Shitney™ wrote:
Madison wrote:
pkarr5000 wrote:pierre stole bags because of castillos discipline and patience at the plate. he took plenty of pitches that he could have hit yet took them and let pierre steal. if luis leaves, now that everyone knows about pierre running and there are plenty of other guys that can steal in the league, juan becomes a bust.

Ok, so McKeon gives the two hole hitter the take sign. I don't see a problem there.

but unless that #2 hitter is a great contact hitter, the take sign becomes risky that high in the batting order..

Hmm. :-? Lots of #2 hitters are given the take sign for a pitch or two. Not really that unusual. You could be right, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I really don't think it will affect Pierre much though.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Shitney™ » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:59 am

oh i agree pierre won't be hurt by castillo leaving.. i just wanted to take a shot at the "take sign".. let the hitter think for himself ;-D
Shitney™
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:02 am

Shitney™ wrote:oh i agree pierre won't be hurt by castillo leaving.. i just wanted to take a shot at the "take sign".. let the hitter think for himself ;-D

I'm sure that whoever they put behind Pierre will be a patient hitter. I just thought I'd fast foreward the argument by referring to the "take sign". :-)

Glad we agree on Pierre. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:43 am

Luis Castillo will be mentioned in every GM's plans over the next two weeks... But IMO. he ends up in STL.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:29 am

wrveres wrote:Luis Castillo will be mentioned in every GM's plans over the next two weeks... But IMO. he ends up in STL.

Doubt it. Not that I wouldn't like to see him here but there isn't a lot of money left to spend. Everyone and their mother is a free agent next for the Cards. Plus Pujols is going to get a serious bump in pay.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 355)

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:01 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
wrveres wrote:Luis Castillo will be mentioned in every GM's plans over the next two weeks... But IMO. he ends up in STL.

Doubt it. Not that I wouldn't like to see him here but there isn't a lot of money left to spend. Everyone and their mother is a free agent next for the Cards. Plus Pujols is going to get a serious bump in pay.

Sorry Wrveres, but I agree with Pogo on this one. Stl has too many free agents in '04. I don't think they want to tie up the money with Castillo.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mightyian5 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:25 am

he could end up just about anywhere at the moment, seeing as there are only a couple of 2's that are better producers than castillo.

i bet hell stay in florida

oh, and we all knew about pierres steals before last year. he ran his legs off in colorado before coming to florida. hell still have the same value (.300 hitter and 40 steals at least
theyre coming.....
mightyian5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:05 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:

yes, but Luis has said in a couple of interviews, that he would love to play with his friend, Edgar Renteria. And now STL needs a 2b ... I can honestly see it as long as the teams from the Northeast (all of them) don't get into a bidding war.

I will say that hiring Boras, actually hurt his chance of going to the STL. But then there is rumors now that he didn't actually hire Boras..

but today is the day, let the FA bidding begin...
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby ukjohn » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:44 pm

wrveres wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

yes, but Luis has said in a couple of interviews, that he would love to play with his friend, Edgar Renteria. And now STL needs a 2b ... I can honestly see it as long as the teams from the Northeast (all of them) don't get into a bidding war.

I will say that hiring Boras, actually hurt his chance of going to the STL. But then there is rumors now that he didn't actually hire Boras..

but today is the day, let the FA bidding begin...

St Louis is set to bid on pitchers. they aren't looking to do much to their lineup this offseason. They seem to be set with Hart as their 2b
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers