Kind of dumb ipod question. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Kind of dumb ipod question.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kind of dumb ipod question.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:40 am

i just got my first ipod 3 days ago so i'm a bit lost here.

i have my ipod plugged into my computer to charge and now i want to disconnect it. only problem is it has a flashing thing on the ipod screen that says 'DO NOT DISCONNECT". i know there is supposed to be a disconnect button on my itunes, but it isnt there.

any ideas what the deal is?
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Re: Kind of dumb ipod question.

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:43 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:i just got my first ipod 3 days ago so i'm a bit lost here.

i have my ipod plugged into my computer to charge and now i want to disconnect it. only problem is it has a flashing thing on the ipod screen that says 'DO NOT DISCONNECT". i know there is supposed to be a disconnect button on my itunes, but it isnt there.

any ideas what the deal is?


Goto tools on iTunes. There should be an iPod option that allows you to auto update.

Also you can right click on your iPod on iTunes and disconnect manually.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Kind of dumb ipod question.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:48 am

Yoda wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:i just got my first ipod 3 days ago so i'm a bit lost here.

i have my ipod plugged into my computer to charge and now i want to disconnect it. only problem is it has a flashing thing on the ipod screen that says 'DO NOT DISCONNECT". i know there is supposed to be a disconnect button on my itunes, but it isnt there.

any ideas what the deal is?


Goto tools on iTunes. There should be an iPod option that allows you to auto update.

Also you can right click on your iPod on iTunes and disconnect manually.


where is there a tools option?

and my ipod isnt visible on my itunes for some reason.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:55 am

Image

there's a screenshot if that helps. that's how it looks with the ipod plugged in.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:11 pm

I think tools is under advanced. Then options/tools or something. Click on the iPod tab and there should be a manual/auto update section.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:16 pm

yea im not seeing a tools option and i have no ipod section on my itunes right now. ive had my car warming up for like 40 minutes trying to get this crap done. <img src=/forums/images/smiles/kiss.gif> <img src=/forums/images/smiles/kiss.gif>

i dont know why my ipod menu isnt opening. i looked around the internet for some answers but im not finding much.

thanks for the help anyways.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby fiz » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:41 pm

fyi - its generally not a great idea to disconnect the ipod when it has that screen. shut down your comp then it should be ok.
Last edited by fiz on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 1212
Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in your refrigerator drinking beer

Postby acsguitar » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:43 pm

User Friendly ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Pedantic » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:30 am

Yoda is speaking of the Preferences window, which is under the Edit menu. There is an iPod tab when the iPod is connected. Can you see the iPod in Windows Explorer? With so little information here, I'd say that what's wrong is that you're using AOL.
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:41 am

Pedantic wrote:Yoda is speaking of the Preferences window, which is under the Edit menu. There is an iPod tab when the iPod is connected. Can you see the iPod in Windows Explorer? With so little information here, I'd say that what's wrong is that you're using AOL.


well there was no ipod tab when my ipod was connected, that was the problem. i have no idea where an ipod tab would show up on explorer but i'll look into that when i have my ipod around.

i think the problem might be how i initially set up the ipod. from the info i got online, it seems that my computer is treating my ipod as an extension of the hard drive. i need to mess with the preferences to keep them seperate, however that works.

i did end up shutting down my computer and then finally the connection warning went away.

again though, i appreciate the help. ;-D
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact