Eddie Guardado Roster Status, now and later - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Eddie Guardado Roster Status, now and later

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Eddie Guardado Roster Status, now and later

Postby in10s » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:41 pm

So, the Reds have signed Guardado.

My key question is about how he will be listed in terms of Rosters. I am thinking of throwing a buck at him and his status makes a difference in my league rules.

Will he be on the 60 day Disabled List or considered a minor leaguer? From http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=115216 his Current Status is listed as Non-roster invitee

For more infor, there is an article at http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... p&c_id=cin

Some key points:

Guardado is coming off September ligament replacement surgery on his left elbow. Recovery and rehabilitation from this type of procedure often take between nine and 12 months, which means that the earliest he could take the mound for Cincinnati would likely be June.

With this deal, the Reds wouldn't have to use up a 40-man roster spot for Guardado during camp.

So, I know he isn't on the 40-man Roster. He isn't on the 60 day DL yet either. The question is, where will he be officially listed and when? A true minor leaguer or on the 60 day DL?
in10s
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:10 pm

I think the question is simply this:

Does a guy have to go on the 15-day DL for 15 days before he can go to the 60-day DL, or can they put him straight there?

I mean, it's not a matter of "if" but "when" in his case...
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Return to Baseball Leftovers