Logic Prevails - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Logic Prevails

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CheeseBeger » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:04 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:As to stories of people who claimed Jesus healed their deformity. Well, I really don't want to bet my money on it being reliable seeing it's from 2000 years ago.

You don't want to bet your money on it but you'd bet your eternal soul? Interesting.

What is the difference between him and you? You seem to be "betting your eternal soul" that Islam isn't correct. Just a thought.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:12 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:The thing is, there COULD have been a group of critics. But because of the popularity of the Christian religion through out times. Any evidence of critisizing Jesus could all be destroyed(or never really found to begin with, which is possible, since 2000 years ago is a long times ago and things from that period of time aren't even close to being uncovered in full)

As to stories of people who claimed Jesus healed their deformity. Well, I really don't want to bet my money on it being reliable seeing it's from 2000 years ago.
There was also a hatred for the Christian religion which would have brought out all evidence against Jesus and yet never was. Jesus had enemies that wanted to prove Him to be a fraud. They never did. They always tried. Look at how many of Jesus' closest followers died for the sake of Christ. All but John died for their faith. You don't die for something you know to be a lie.

"I really don't want to be my money on it being reliable seeing it's from 2000 years ago."
Then you have to throw out all documents 2000 years and older. In fact, what year do you start to see documents as credible?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:17 pm

Madison, schools(at least public ones) are largely funded by government money. So it's sorta expected to see some sort of waste here and there and incompetency in rare cases(though I've really enjoy my times with the Shawnee Mission school district. And the only 2 incompetent teacher I had both went to grad school, one of them is a Dr.) As to teachers giving out last minute notices. Well, some teacher are just less organized than others. Especially elementary teachers, as it's way harder to go on a hard schedule with say 3rd graders compare to 11th graders. And it's just a V-Day party. Not really anything academic. Though the switching around of math classes does sound confusing and illogical.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:The thing is, there COULD have been a group of critics. But because of the popularity of the Christian religion through out times. Any evidence of critisizing Jesus could all be destroyed(or never really found to begin with, which is possible, since 2000 years ago is a long times ago and things from that period of time aren't even close to being uncovered in full)

As to stories of people who claimed Jesus healed their deformity. Well, I really don't want to bet my money on it being reliable seeing it's from 2000 years ago.
There was also a hatred for the Christian religion which would have brought out all evidence against Jesus and yet never was. Jesus had enemies that wanted to prove Him to be a fraud. They never did. They always tried. Look at how many of Jesus' closest followers died for the sake of Christ. All but John died for their faith. You don't die for something you know to be a lie.

You tell me everyone of the soldiers that died in Iraq fully believed in the cause of the war?

"I really don't want to be my money on it being reliable seeing it's from 2000 years ago."
Then you have to throw out all documents 2000 years and older. In fact, what year do you start to see documents as credible?

There's no definite line. And documents from the Onion yesterday is no more credible than things written 3000 years ago. My point is that reliability is on a decreasing scale from now on to the past(as in things 40 years ago are more believable than things 4000 years ago)
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:24 pm

lunch time for me.

What do you think about Benny Hinn Chad?
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:24 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:Madison, schools(at least public ones) are largely funded by government money. So it's sorta expected to see some sort of waste here and there and incompetency in rare cases(though I've really enjoy my times with the Shawnee Mission school district. And the only 2 incompetent teacher I had both went to grad school, one of them is a Dr.) As to teachers giving out last minute notices. Well, some teacher are just less organized than others. Especially elementary teachers, as it's way harder to go on a hard schedule with say 3rd graders compare to 11th graders. And it's just a V-Day party. Not really anything academic. Though the switching around of math classes does sound confusing and illogical.

When they cry about money and have people defend them on it, there's no way to "accept" that they waste money. I refuse to "accept" the fact that they waste money and then cry they don't have enough. Hey, if I go flush a $20 bill down the toilet and then tell you I cannot afford to put gas in my car, will you give me $20? No different than what the schools are doing, and even worse, people defend them on it. What a world, huh? :-b

As to the notice, it was dated Monday (meaning all 300+ 3rd graders got the same notice). This wasn't a teacher thing, it was a school thing. That's incompetence on a grand scale right there. ;-D Oh, and I know it's just a party, not really a big deal, was simply a perfect example of the stupidity level going on. Was actually shocked when his teacher was surprised so few students brought party stuff. No one in his school seems to stop and think! It's quite amazing. Tragic, yet amazing.

Yep, his teacher doesn't even like it that they switch classes. I thought it was fine at first, but when my kid isn't being taught math in school, obviously it becomes a very large problem. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:35 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:

You tell me everyone of the soldiers that died in Iraq fully believed in the cause of the war?

There's no definite line. And documents from the Onion yesterday is no more credible than things written 3000 years ago. My point is that reliability is on a decreasing scale from now on to the past(as in things 40 years ago are more believable than things 4000 years ago)
Soldiers have a reason to be there and a reason not to leave. We know what happens to military if they refuse orders. The disciples left and went back to their old jobs after Jesus died. Then, they ended up preaching the name of Jesus which ultimately cost them their lives. Now why would someone go back to serving Jesus right after they had abandoned Him?

There are 5600 pieces of the NT today. The next highest manuscript is the Iliad at 643 copies, yet nobody discredits the Iliad and the validity of it to be accurate to the original text, even though the earliest copies of the Iliad are 500 years after it was written, and the NT copies are less than 100 years after it was written. So if you're going to throw out the Bible because you don't believe in it's accuracy, then you must throw out every single historical document.

What does Benny Hinn have to do with this conversation?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:44 pm

Madison, that elementary set-up sounds ridiculous and unlike any other district I've ever participated in as a student or educator, or even for researching purposes. It's uncanny.

Please know that a lot of your issues are not nationwide (I'd like to think that it's more of you being the minority case rather than what I'm accustomed to, but truth be told I don't know), so at least be more specific in the future when you're trashing the education system, or I may have to break out my "Two bowlers walk into a bar..." bit. }:-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:05 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Madison, that elementary set-up sounds ridiculous and unlike any other district I've ever participated in as a student or educator, or even for researching purposes. It's uncanny.

Please know that a lot of your issues are not nationwide (I'd like to think that it's more of you being the minority case rather than what I'm accustomed to, but truth be told I don't know), so at least be more specific in the future when you're trashing the education system, or I may have to break out my "Two bowlers walk into a bar..." bit. }:-)

C? I dun otld ya it wuz mesed up hear! :-b

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I don't really mean that nationwide all schools and/or school systems are worthless, only the ones my son has attended. :-D ;-D

Believe me, the bowling thing isn't a threat though :-D . Most people think bowlers are old, bald, have huge beer guts, and cannot even bend over to tie their own shoes. Does it get any worse (or more inaccurate) than that? :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:13 pm

Madison wrote:
Believe me, the bowling thing isn't a threat though :-D . Most people think bowlers are old, bald, have huge beer guts, and cannot even bend over to tie their own shoes. Does it get any worse (or more inaccurate) than that? :-b

Well, in all fairness, it is one of the few sports where the competitors routinely smoke and/or drink alcohol while competing :-b

Ever see Kingpin?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk