Submitting keepers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Submitting keepers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby great gretzky » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:48 pm

well, secret isn't the issue, but having people submit willy nilly can confer an unfair advantage. Or at least posting them early can.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby noseeum » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:12 pm

Yoda wrote:What is this secret stuff? I would think that most people would rather know in advance who is available to pick than be completely blindsided at the draft?

The posting is secret, but then all keepers are announced, and you usually have a certain amount of time between announcement and the draft. You're prepared for the draft, but you can't use the knowledge of other people's keepers to change yours.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mak1277 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:57 am

I believe the commish needs to be held to a slightly higher standard than the rest of the league. In my main league, the commish (me), sends his keepers to the rest of the league first. They then send their keepers to me individually. I do not release keepers to any owners that have not sent me theirs yet.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:34 pm

Secret, one week before the draft. We used to have the commissioner (me) make his keepers public first, then the rest of the league submitted theirs to the commish. This year, we're trying out CBS Sportsline's option to let managers privately declare their keepers on their own team page... then they get processed automatically at a configured time.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby converge241 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:09 pm

Secret email to commish to protect 10 a week after season ends

then posted by cutting all the remaining players through commish options/tools/etc

2 switch max for the next week from the player pool

come the next march, secret emails to keep 5 to commish and posted through commish cuts

no op for switches on cutdown to keepers

I say commish sends his keepers to the 1st person who provides theirs that way you are keeping a lid on who gets to see "available" players

the odds of you getting some crazy advantage over the handful of players some random owner is throwing back (and beating out everyone else on the wire when the time comes) are pretty slim!
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby Grouperman941 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:25 pm

Ours our secret until they are all submitted to the commish. He then compiles a list and distributes to all.

It is more important in our league to remain secret because anyone keeping lees than 8 gets to pick in a supplemental draft, so those submitting later would get to see who is out there before making their decisions.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby noseeum » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:00 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:Secret, one week before the draft. We used to have the commissioner (me) make his keepers public first, then the rest of the league submitted theirs to the commish. This year, we're trying out CBS Sportsline's option to let managers privately declare their keepers on their own team page... then they get processed automatically at a configured time.

Hey Bloody Sox, I was thinking of using this too, but it looks like the commish can still see everybody's picks. Did you figure out some way to hide other team's picks from the commish?
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers