Submitting keepers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Submitting keepers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Submitting keepers

Postby captoats85 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:37 pm

When you submit keepers in your league, do you do so publically or do you e-mail them to your commish? In my league people e-mail them the commish, but I don't like the secrecy and it prevents others from making the best choices they can.
captoats85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Xtreemes » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:43 pm

I think secrets the best way. In my opinion its not fair to be able to change who you are keeping because someone else submitted their keepers first and you can see who they kept.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigken117 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:07 pm

Xtreemes wrote:I think secrets the best way. In my opinion its not fair to be able to change who you are keeping because someone else submitted their keepers first and you can see who they kept.

I concur.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby RynMan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:09 pm

bigken117 wrote:
Xtreemes wrote:I think secrets the best way. In my opinion its not fair to be able to change who you are keeping because someone else submitted their keepers first and you can see who they kept.

I concur.

I agree. To get around the Commish doing anything suspect in our league, we had another player exchange lists with him prior to the rest of the league submitting it. That way you can be sure that nobody is changing their lists after seeing everyone elses.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Denmarch » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:10 pm

In my league, we all submit our keepers (5 max) in secret by a deadline. After that, the commish sends the list of keepers to everybody. Then we have a week to change at most 2 keepers from our original submission.

I like this method because it involves both initial secrecy and an opportunity for a little bit of strategy given everyone else's keepers.
Denmarch
College Coach
College Coach

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:14 pm

I mean, it depends how competitive everyone is. In The Funky 14 (a cafe keeper league), we've just been posting them when we felt like it with a deadline after which everything was final (and before which you could change stuff around as much as you wanted to). Seems like a fine system to me.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:25 pm

We keep 6 but everyone has to submit a preliminary list of 10. Then we'll trim down to 6 by the time we draft.

People have been emailing me and I put it in Excel. Once I have everyone's I just email it. Not a big deal IMO as very few people have multiple options especially if you keep a lot of players.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Thursday » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:05 pm

We keep 4 in my league. The commishioner takes some time to select his keepers, then tell us he's ready for ours. We send our keepers in, and he gives us his. It's secret until draft start, as it should be, and only when the draft starts do we know anyone else's keepers. Secret is the best way to do it, as it becomes a more strategic choice. Especially if you insert a supplemental draft, the strategy aspect increases.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby great gretzky » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:05 pm

we keep 6, but we submit an initial list of 8, then trim it down the week before the draft. I think it works well. You can adjust a little bit based upon what other people do, but you are still locked in a bit too. it also lets people dump a guy who ends up injured in spring training or something. But we do have an initial deadline that is secret, unless said person doesn't care and posts their keepers early.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:31 pm

What is this secret stuff? I would think that most people would rather know in advance who is available to pick than be completely blindsided at the draft?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers