RotoFeed - Aggregated RSS feed on Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

RotoFeed - Aggregated RSS feed on Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RotoFeed - Aggregated RSS feed on Fantasy Baseball

Postby bigpoppalip » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:50 pm

http://feeds.feedburner.com/rotofeed

Not sure how many of you use RSS, but I thought I'd throw this out there.

This is a Roto news feed I created with a site called blogdigger, a site that allows you to unite/aggregate several RSS news feeds within a single RSS feed. So I did that with rotisserie baseball blogs - creating a sort of a digest of all the fantasy baseball blogs out there that streams to you in real-time.

I'm definitely willing to add other blogs to the mix, so let me know if I've missed any. Although there's a ton of great baseball blogs out there, I'm trying to stick to roto/fantasy baseball blogs only, for which there's a surprising lack of RSS feeds available.

If you've never used RSS before, they're basically tailored news feeds. You can add them to your MyYahoo or Google homepage, as well as use standalone readers or plug-ins for Firefox like Sage to access them. They're cool in that they go and grab your news from web headlines almost the instant they appear instead of you having to surf around to get the news. There are of course, more applications for RSS, but I like using them to keep track of my roto news especially.

I also use blogdigger to create a custom feed for my main roto team each year. Any time you do a search on Google and Yahoo News, an RSS feed is offered to you (little orange box on the bottom left). So I create RSS feeds using search terms on all the players on my roster and then aggregate them using blogdigger to create a custom feed.

If you're digging the RSS thing, I also created one aggregating various sports columnists - available at

http://feeds.feedburner.com/UltimateSportsColumnistFeed

And don't worry, I'm not making any $ off of these and don't work for any of the companies that provide the service!
bigpoppalip
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Wow big jump in subscribers

Postby bigpoppalip » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:20 pm

Glad people are into it!
bigpoppalip
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GrubNasty » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:15 am

I enjoy rss feeds. I will have to add it and see how i like it. I'd also be interested in your opml files for the roto feed.
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jfg » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:56 am

This is great. Do you have the Sportsline and SI feeds in there?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Re: RotoFeed - Aggregated RSS feed on Fantasy Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:13 am

bigpoppalip wrote:Image
http://feeds.feedburner.com/rotofeed

Not sure how many of you use RSS, but I thought I'd throw this out there.

This is a Roto news feed I created with a site called blogdigger, a site that allows you to unite/aggregate several RSS news feeds within a single RSS feed. So I did that with rotisserie baseball blogs - creating a sort of a digest of all the fantasy baseball blogs out there that streams to you in real-time.

I'm definitely willing to add other blogs to the mix, so let me know if I've missed any. Although there's a ton of great baseball blogs out there, I'm trying to stick to roto/fantasy baseball blogs only, for which there's a surprising lack of RSS feeds available.

If you've never used RSS before, they're basically tailored news feeds. You can add them to your MyYahoo or Google homepage, as well as use standalone readers or plug-ins for Firefox like Sage to access them. They're cool in that they go and grab your news from web headlines almost the instant they appear instead of you having to surf around to get the news. There are of course, more applications for RSS, but I like using them to keep track of my roto news especially.

I also use blogdigger to create a custom feed for my main roto team each year. Any time you do a search on Google and Yahoo News, an RSS feed is offered to you (little orange box on the bottom left). So I create RSS feeds using search terms on all the players on my roster and then aggregate them using blogdigger to create a custom feed.

If you're digging the RSS thing, I also created one aggregating various sports columnists - available at

http://feeds.feedburner.com/UltimateSportsColumnistFeed

And don't worry, I'm not making any $ off of these and don't work for any of the companies that provide the service!

You sir, Rock!!
Welcome to the cafe.
we are all about "Free" here.
You have any art work or a homepage?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby bigpoppalip » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:38 am

jfg wrote:This is great. Do you have the Sportsline and SI feeds in there?

Thanks, man. Actually, I should look into SI - not sure I have one for them - I assume it's dedicated to fantasy?
bigpoppalip
College Coach
College Coach

OPML

Postby bigpoppalip » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:39 am

GrubNasty wrote:I enjoy rss feeds. I will have to add it and see how i like it. I'd also be interested in your opml files for the roto feed.

Here ya go:

http://groups.blogdigger.com/opml.jsp?id=3588
bigpoppalip
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigpoppalip » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:11 pm

For those of you interested in seeing which blogs and columns appear in the feed, visit:

http://groups.blogdigger.com/groups.jsp?id=3588
bigpoppalip
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigpoppalip » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:17 pm

jfg wrote:This is great. Do you have the Sportsline and SI feeds in there?

I have the Sportsline feed because it limits it to fantasy baseball. SI only has a baseball feed and a general fantasy feed, unfortunately. For now, I'm going to leave them off.

There are plenty of options out there for baseball news, but those feeds' content isn't really tailored for fantasy baseball managers. Likewise, I don't want to have a feed in there that will discuss football or basketball, etc.

Here are the current feeds included - I know of some other great blogs out there but for some reason they don't have valid RSS feeds. Let me know if you have any worthy additions.

Advanced Fantasy Baseball
Baseball America Prospects Blog
Baseball Fantasy Stats
Baseball Geeks: MLB News with a Fantasy Baseball spin
Baseball GM
Baseball HQ Radio
Baseball Prospectus: Unfiltered
D.A. Humber : Baseball Central
Extreme Fantasy Baseball
FakeTeams
Fan Graphs | Baseball Analysis, Graphs, Stats |
Fantasy Baseball : CBS SportsLine.com Fantasy Sports
Free Fantasy Baseball Advice Podcast
Listen up and Learn
MLB Front Office
MLB Rumors - Yahoo! Sports
MLB Rumors by MLBnewsonline.com
MLB Trade Rumors
Rotisserie Baseball Musings
Roto Authority Fantasy Baseball
RotoWire.com MLB Latest News
Seamless Baseball
TG Fantasy Baseball Player News
The Fantasy Man
The Roto Kings Fantasy Baseball Podcast
The Waiver Wire
bigpoppalip
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigpoppalip » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:22 pm

Apparently you can select any of SI's columnists as well - so who's your go to for fantasy baseball?
bigpoppalip
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers