anyone from (been to) Boston? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

anyone from (been to) Boston?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby josebach » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:53 am

pjalst wrote:
josebach wrote:
pjalst wrote:
josebach wrote:I've been half a dozen times or so. What I usually do when going to a big city is identify an area close to where she needs to be, go to Priceline and bid on 4 star hotels within that area. I've stayed in numerous hotels that were regularly priced at $125 per night for $50.

I've never used priceline, how does it work?

You essentially pick a city and area within the city and make a bid on either a 2, 3 or 4 star hotel. Then within a few minutes, your bid will either be accepted or denied. If accepted, it tells you the name of the hotel that accepted your bid and gives you the opportunity to make a reservation. I stayed at the downtown Hilton and Ramada both in Atlanta for $50 a night when the normal room price was over $125.

Sweet, I'll have to try it. Does it work the same for airfare?

I don't think you can actually bid on airfare, but it will give you a ton of flight options ordered by price.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thomasps3 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:52 pm

Boston in the house. Pricewise, you won't find much for less than $100 in the city diuring the week because of the amount of business travel the city has. Even priceline will laugh you off their site if you pump in $50 for a 4 star hotel. Not really an easy city o tstay cheap, but if she stays on the T line somewhere near the airport she'll find something for about $130-$150. Ghetto places will go for $99-$119, and I think La Quinta starts around the upper $119 mark around here.

Sorry for the bad news.....
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:47 pm

Any of you Boston guys ever heard of a super-sweet band called Converge? They're from there and I hear they play out all the time.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby bigken117 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:23 pm

acsguitar wrote:Thank god I haven't

I'll second that...

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby soxfan364 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:29 pm

You can also stay outside Boston but near a commuter rail line - I know there are some places right off the highway and near the T in Quincy, probably easier to get and cheaper than anything downtown.

thomasps3 wrote:Boston in the house. Pricewise, you won't find much for less than $100 in the city diuring the week because of the amount of business travel the city has. Even priceline will laugh you off their site if you pump in $50 for a 4 star hotel. Not really an easy city o tstay cheap, but if she stays on the T line somewhere near the airport she'll find something for about $130-$150. Ghetto places will go for $99-$119, and I think La Quinta starts around the upper $119 mark around here.

Sorry for the bad news.....
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:50 pm

thanks guys...she ended up booking something in nearby Chelsea but it looks a little sketchy so she may cancel and change to something else
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby thomasps3 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:00 pm

Chelsea? Ummm...if she is traveling by herself, you may want to re-consider that destination hotspot! Ewww....high crime, supa-ghetto. Even the rats that live in Chelsea want to upgrade!

I would suggest the commuter rail line if you have the time to take a 1/2 hour ride into the city....but all bets are off if she is in Chelsea!
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:09 pm

thomasps3 wrote:Chelsea? Ummm...if she is traveling by herself, you may want to re-consider that destination hotspot! Ewww....high crime, supa-ghetto. Even the rats that live in Chelsea want to upgrade!

I would suggest the commuter rail line if you have the time to take a 1/2 hour ride into the city....but all bets are off if she is in Chelsea!

thanks...she's going with a friend, but still i think they are going to find somewhere else, that probably just sealed the deal
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk