Snow - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Snow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ayebatter » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:37 am

snowed at my place last night & this morning (SOCal mountains 6000 ft), so i drove down the hill (1/2 hour) and played golf 75*. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1275)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:18 am

Stuck again!

All of our snow has frozen into a giant sheet of ice that is preventing my vehicle from pulling out of its designated space (I live in these garden apartments and the blows came through and snowed everyone into their spaces). So, I guess I'm stuck at home again.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:41 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:My aunt lives in Chicago and she called this afternoon just to say that was the worst snowstorm she's seen in the 17 years she's lived in Chicago. She lives 5 minutes away from work but with the roads still littered with snow and the plows unable to meander around there for some reason, it was about a 2 hr. drive back home. On top of that, she had to take a shovel and dig out the snow just to open the front door. She vented about that especially now that her son is working in San Francisco (he moved there a few months back) and is eagerly awaiting the day to move to California in the not-so-distant future.

Half Massed wrote:Well, my college is in Southern California, so I don't have to worry or think about any snow.

Well, seeing how we're mired in a bit of a drought, it's been a downer for snow this year up in the local mountains, especially when weather forecasters were predicting an El Nino...and we were only 2 years removed from one of the rainiest seasons in L.A.

i guess it might depend on where you live in chicago, because this storm was bad, but definetly not an all-time event. the thing is we had 35 mph winds today that caused some snow drift problems. i just got down snowblowing and shoveling at 12:30 a.m. my neighbors hate me. :-D

I guess she was just exaggerating. She lives in Oaklawn.

awsome, i grew up in a city right next to oak lawn.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Coppermine » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:47 am

How can people not work? Unemployment must be the most boring thing ever. And it's not like you can never get a job, wal-mart and mcdonalds are always hiring. And speaking of unemployment, you must either have some sort of major personality disorder not to get a job, or you can't get a job at your skill level for whatever reason. Either way, two days at home and I'm bored stiff.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:08 am

Coppermine wrote:How can people not work? Unemployment must be the most boring thing ever. And it's not like you can never get a job, wal-mart and mcdonalds are always hiring. And speaking of unemployment, you must either have some sort of major personality disorder not to get a job, or you can't get a job at your skill level for whatever reason. Either way, two days at home and I'm bored stiff.

I haven't worked since the end of September. It's not really that difficult. I go fishing everyday. I don't get bored b/c I had a lot of work to do unpacking and setting up the new home.
I've been offered several jobs but have declined all of them. I guess I'm looking for just the right one.

Oh yeah, no snow down here in sunny Florida. Today it is a little cool out. I like change in temperatures b/c fishing improves when the barometer is moving.

Al Gore cringes with every snowflake.
Funny how people feel the need to discuss Global Warming when it's 90 degrees out but as soon as it snows people forget about it. ;-7
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:13 am

Yeah, this snow sure is sticking it to Al Gore and all those other liberals!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 5 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:33 pm

Coppermine wrote:Yeah, this snow sure is sticking it to Al Gore and all those other liberals!

ya think? I don't consider myself a liberal but this is right up the scientific alley. There sure is something to this climate change/global warming in that it causes crazy weather patterns.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:50 pm

5 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Yeah, this snow sure is sticking it to Al Gore and all those other liberals!

ya think? I don't consider myself a liberal but this is right up the scientific alley. There sure is something to this climate change/global warming in that it causes crazy weather patterns.

Yeah, snow in Feb is crazy. Totally out of the realm of possibility. Since when does it snow in the Winter? I mean, we should be breaking out the bathing suits instead of the snow shovels. I just waxed my surf board thinking it was a great time to ride a big one when instead I should have waxed my skiis. I don't know if I can get used to it being cold in the Winter and hot in the Summer. The concept is beyond me. ;-7
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk