Fantasy Baseball 411 is useless - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball 411 is useless

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy Baseball 411 is useless

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:07 pm

I need a new podcast, does anyone have any recommendations.

I have been giving MLB.com Fantasy 411 too many chances. They should change the name of it to "Hot Air Central." These two guys seem more concerned with telling personal anecdotes and talking strictly about their teams and leagues than with actually giving out useful fantasy information. I'm really bored with it.

For every 20 minutes they talk, they give about 2 minutes of good info. Does anyone else find them aggravating?
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:09 pm

http://www.fantasybaseballexpress.com/

mikey the fantasy man is good.
i listened to him last year, he is one guy just stating his opinon.
granted he doesnt have all the inside info, but its just him and he is to the point.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Foamer » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:33 pm

There was a time where I really loved 411. But I cant even listen anymore. They do 8,000 emails where everyone has 10 superstar keepers. How many times can you listen to them recommend keeping Johann Santana and Ryan Howard for 5 bucks. They should skip those keeper emails altogether.

I actually like Cory and Mike but you are right.. way, way to much fluff and not enough analysis. They know their stuff and thats what makes it kind of a shame. Because it was once a great show.
Foamer
T-Ball Trainer

Postby RynMan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:01 pm

I'm a big 411 fan. I can see where you are coming from. Personally, I feel like I get more useful information out of these forums, so I don't mind the baseball talk they have. It is a little irritating how they harp on one email for a long period of time, especially when I know exactly what they are going to say anyway.

But I still love the show and will continue listening to it. The guys are entertaining and their knowledge is great.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby jfg » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:05 am

I listened to it a little bit last year but it seemed the whole show focused on what pitchers to pick up. Pitch or ditch. That would be ok except that they should have done the matchups for the next day not the current day since they are a podcast...actually they are on MLB on XM right? I bet most of their listeners are podcast listeners though. But still, they focused way too much time on it and focused the rest on stupid emailers who need advice for the easiest of decisions.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby RynMan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:14 am

jfg wrote:I listened to it a little bit last year but it seemed the whole show focused on what pitchers to pick up. Pitch or ditch. That would be ok except that they should have done the matchups for the next day not the current day since they are a podcast...actually they are on MLB on XM right? I bet most of their listeners are podcast listeners though. But still, they focused way too much time on it and focused the rest on stupid emailers who need advice for the easiest of decisions.

Pitch and Ditch got changed to one day in advance. It's now great if you are in Yahoo leagues etc.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby jfg » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:06 am

RynMan wrote:Pitch and Ditch got changed to one day in advance. It's now great if you are in Yahoo leagues etc.

That's awesome. I gave up last year when I read their blog and heard they weren't going to change it. I'll be listening again this year just for that.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Return to Baseball Leftovers