B-R-R-R-R-R-I-I-N-N-G-G!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

B-R-R-R-R-R-I-I-N-N-G-G!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:25 pm

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:Why would Arz want Manny Ramirez? The seem to have a nice cohesive clubhouse, cancer free.

I'm not too sure about that. How peaceful can it be with Mondesi?

there is a huge difference between Mondesi, who complains when he is not happy, to Manny Ramirez, who complians cus he woke up.

I agree that Manny is worse than Mondesi, but let's not forget that Mondesi is the one who threw a temper tantrum and left the dugout when he got pinch hit for. That's a little more than just complaining about not being happy.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:35 pm

Theo: .............

hangs up and takes the dbacks phone number and throws it away!
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:25 am

wrveres wrote:Why would Arz want Manny Ramirez? The seem to have a nice cohesive clubhouse, cancer free.

Randy Johnson has never been loved by his teammates. He didnt make alot of friends with his shenanigans in Seattle. Not that i care. Performing is what matters, not the soap opera stuff.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:27 am

wrveres wrote:there is a huge difference between Mondesi, who complains when he is not happy, to Manny Ramirez, who complians cus he woke up.

You are right. Its a HUGE difference. One guy is a mvp who performs. The other is a huge burden to any team with his talent and salary.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby wrveres » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:20 am

HOOTIE wrote:
wrveres wrote:there is a huge difference between Mondesi, who complains when he is not happy, to Manny Ramirez, who complians cus he woke up.

You are right. Its a HUGE difference. One guy is a mvp who performs. The other is a huge burden to any team with his talent and salary.

lol..true ....

But I can't see ARZ picking up Manny's contract. Even if BOS payed half of it. (which would be stupid on BOS part)

Let BOS and TEX swallow those contracts. They got what they deserved. You don't hear LA bitchin' about Kevin Brown. Look what they got for there money ... .. ... and planerides. :-) nothing.

And toss Dreifort in there too..
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 743)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:07 am

wrveres wrote:But I can't see ARZ picking up Manny's contract. Even if BOS payed half of it. (which would be stupid on BOS part)

I've got to agree. Arizona is trying to cut payroll why would they ever pick up Manny's contract? Schilling won't be that hard to move. Everyone could use an ace pitcher, not everyone could use a $20 million DH with a bad attitude.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby mightyian5 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:46 am

very good point
theyre coming.....
mightyian5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:28 pm

wrveres wrote:Let BOS and TEX swallow those contracts. They got what they deserved. You don't hear LA bitchin' about Kevin Brown.

Ok, I have to stick up for my boys. }:-)

When has Texas complained about Arod's contract? I've not heard any complaints. 3 years in a row, MVP numbers. The Rangers have not complained.

They should be complaining about the contract to Chan Ho Park, but they haven't complained about that either.

The fans are complaining, but fans everywhere are complaining, so that can't be used against the Rangers.

Sorry, just had to defend my poor, last place Rangers. Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:05 pm

Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:Let BOS and TEX swallow those contracts. They got what they deserved. You don't hear LA bitchin' about Kevin Brown.

When has Texas complained about Arod's contract? I've not heard any complaints. 3 years in a row, MVP numbers. The Rangers have not complained.

They should be complaining about the contract to Chan Ho Park, but they haven't complained about that either.

The fans are complaining, but fans everywhere are complaining, so that can't be used against the Rangers.

What about Giambi and the NYY? Look, there was a time in the market when these type of contract were.... well, not normal, but at least a little more rational. 20/20 about the inevitable market correction is a tad silly.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:25 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Madison wrote:

What about Giambi and the NYY? Look, there was a time in the market when these type of contract were.... well, not normal, but at least a little more rational. 20/20 about the inevitable market correction is a tad silly.

I was just pointing out that the Rangers haven't complained about the amount of money they gave in those contracts.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers