Erubiel Durazo is Sleeper of the week? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Erubiel Durazo is Sleeper of the week?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fiz » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:46 am

Madison wrote:
fiz wrote:i also think it makes the cafe look kinda bad. i mean, if i came to the site and saw erubiel durazo as the sleeper for 2007 id keep on surfing. good for us to keep it our secret, bad for the cafe.

Doesn't make the Cafe look bad at all. Not everyone who plays fantasy baseball plays standard Yahoo leagues with standard Yahoo settings.

If that poor noob cannot read "Make Durazo your final pick", then he brought it upon himself. :-b

fair enough...i guess i just disagree that he'll be worth anything. but point taken.
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:36 am

fiz wrote:
Madison wrote:
fiz wrote:i also think it makes the cafe look kinda bad. i mean, if i came to the site and saw erubiel durazo as the sleeper for 2007 id keep on surfing. good for us to keep it our secret, bad for the cafe.

Doesn't make the Cafe look bad at all. Not everyone who plays fantasy baseball plays standard Yahoo leagues with standard Yahoo settings.

If that poor noob cannot read "Make Durazo your final pick", then he brought it upon himself. :-b

fair enough...i guess i just disagree that he'll be worth anything. but point taken.

Oh I didn't say I'd be drafting him. ;-)

However, in leagues with tons of teams and/or large rosters could find the article beneficial and maybe worth the gamble. AL Only leagues would probably see Durazo drafted the most though (percentage wise).
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:39 am

If no one was thinking about Durazo and he has a chance to start, then I would assume he qualifies as a sleeper. Unless he is hot during ST, I won't touch him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:39 pm

Why's everyone giving PWF such a hard time? Durazo is someone that's definitely under everyone's radar screen. There was a time that he was a pretty good masher, and he could very well have value to a fantasy team at some point this season.

If you think Durazo sucks and shouldn't be on the front page, write your own sleeper article! ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby EugeneStyles » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:54 pm

Yeah, it's not a bad article. The whole point of sleepers is to find guys who are off everyone's radar, who will be available in the last few rounds of a draft (or at least, available for much less than their value is likely to be), who *might* be useful. Personally, I don't think Durazo is doing anything this year. But who knows... good to have a heads up that he'll be available this year, even though I'll immediately file him into the "still undraftable" category.
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:10 pm

i agree that durazo can be a sleeper in very deep leagues but i do think there are tons of other guys more worthy of a "sleeper article"

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:34 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i agree that durazo can be a sleeper in very deep leagues but i do think there are tons of other guys more worthy of a "sleeper article"

You know what they say:

"Put your money where your mouth is."

So write one up. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers