Update on Fatolo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Update on Fatolo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Update on Fatolo

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:30 pm

ESPN.com wrote:Feb. 11
News: Colon (shoulder) is throwing off flat ground at 75 feet, and the Angels are pleased with his progress in his rehab so far, the Orange County Register reports.

Any idea if he'll be ready for Opening Day?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Another Blown Save » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:33 pm

Probaby not

Bartolo Colon, limited to 10 starts by a rotator-cuff tear in 2006, will report to spring training Wednesday with a goal of being ready to open the season, to which the Angels have replied: Not so fast.

"Our expectations are that he will not be ready for the start of the season," Manager Mike Scioscia said during Saturday's FanFest at Angel Stadium. "If he is, it will be a pleasant surprise."

Colon, who suffered a shoulder tear during the 2005 playoffs, opted for another winter of physical therapy instead of surgery. The right-hander began making 75-foot throws last week but will be far behind teammates who will begin throwing off mounds this week.

"I know it's going to be challenging, but I am not going to run away from this injury," Colon, 33, said through an interpreter. "I'm going to face it and move forward, and if there are negative thoughts in my mind, that won't help…. I will push myself to be ready opening week."

The Angels may have to push back.

"It's great Bart has a goal, but it's not realistic to say he'll be ready to start the season," Scioscia said.

That means left-hander Joe Saunders would open in a rotation that includes John Lackey, Kelvim Escobar, Ervin Santana and Jered Weaver.

"It's going to take some patience on Bart's part," General Manager Bill Stoneman said. "We don't want him reaching back and trying to throw too hard too early."

Link
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Archduke Chocula » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:22 am

Does anyone have an educated opinion on what he'll give owners this year?
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:58 am

Can't be any worse than last year? Let's start there... :-/
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates