The Grammys - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Grammys

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:05 am

I'm very glad to hear Slayer won a grammy. Their album Christ/Illusion is really awesome. Slayer has definitely evolved well.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:02 am

So My Humps won an award did I metion that.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ironman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:05 pm

Maynard James Keenan wrote:I think the Grammys are nothing more than some gigantic promotional machine for the music industry. They cater to a low intellect and they feed the masses. They don't honor the arts or the artist for what they created. It's the music business celebrating itself. That's basically what it's all about.

I think that pretty much sums it up.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby pokeyjoe » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:14 pm

ironman wrote:
Maynard James Keenan wrote:I think the Grammys are nothing more than some gigantic promotional machine for the music industry. They cater to a low intellect and they feed the masses. They don't honor the arts or the artist for what they created. It's the music business celebrating itself. That's basically what it's all about.

But at the same time, they don't seem to neccesarily acknowledge (spelling?) the artists that sold big. Gnarls Barkley was huge this year and they weren't nominated for best new artist.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:01 pm

I really enjoy that Gnarls Barkley CD. You have to be in the mood for it though, as it's kind of out there.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby ironman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:03 pm

pokeyjoe wrote:
ironman wrote:

But at the same time, they don't seem to neccesarily acknowledge (spelling?) the artists that sold big. Gnarls Barkley was huge this year and they weren't nominated for best new artist.

But they were nominated for Best Album of the Year.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pokeyjoe » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:14 pm

ironman wrote:
pokeyjoe wrote:
ironman wrote:

So shouldn't they definitely be nominated for Best New Artist? I'm not really a fan of theirs, so don't think I'm just fighting for them for that reason. It seems to me, though, that if a band's first album is nominated for album of the year, they should also be nominated for best new artist.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ironman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:29 pm

pokeyjoe wrote:
ironman wrote:
pokeyjoe wrote:
ironman wrote:

So shouldn't they definitely be nominated for Best New Artist? I'm not really a fan of theirs, so don't think I'm just fighting for them for that reason. It seems to me, though, that if a band's first album is nominated for album of the year, they should also be nominated for best new artist.

I don't know, logic would say probably. But for Pete's sake Carrie freakin' Underwood won it, which further proves the original quote I posted.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby luckygehrig » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:32 am

I agree that Gnarls should have been a nominee for Best New Artist. They were up for Best Song, Best Album and Best Record. Plus, they won Best Alternative Music Album.

On another Gnarls note, did anyone happen to catch their performance of Crazy? It was pretty awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXSWHp1GdKg
;-D
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk