What's the easiest meal to skip? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What's the easiest meal to skip?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's the easiest meal to skip?

Breakfast
84%
Lunch
11%
Supper
5%

Total votes : 44

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:13 am

I don't skip meals...ever. I eat a lot and I like to diversify, from healthy food (but I have my limits) to not so nutritious food. I do exercise each day, but I've found that the secret to maintaining weight is to take an early breakfast and a late lunch. I won't eat anything for about 5-6 hours at that span and take lunch about 2-2:30 PM. I've been very stressed these days and so I tend to take long walks these days to grab lunch...and when you work in Hollywood, you see interesting things each day, just as ample and diverse as the restaurants you find here. It also helps if you eat light breakfast, heavy lunch, and relatively light dinner. I've adapted the French diet since studying there. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RyanK » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:46 pm

Phatferd wrote:I woke up at 1230 today and had a burger, does that make it lunch or breakfast?

Thats how i do it everyday pretty much.. except when I dont go to sleep, like right now.

But I consider that breakfast, what I eat after i first wake up if its with in the next hour or so, therefore making lunch the easiest for me to skip.
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: 4)

Postby josebach » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:51 pm

RyanK wrote:
Phatferd wrote:I woke up at 1230 today and had a burger, does that make it lunch or breakfast?

Thats how i do it everyday pretty much.. except when I dont go to sleep, like right now.

But I consider that breakfast, what I eat after i first wake up if its with in the next hour or so, therefore making lunch the easiest for me to skip.

Pretty much anything after 11:00 is lunch and everything before 11:00 is breakfast. I base this on what type of food I can buy at restaurants during those times.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:20 pm

BGbootha wrote:Actually I started drinking Carnation instant breakfast, and it has done wonders for my energy at school. (for those that don't know I teach high school). I very rarely ate breakfast, but would really tire out just before lunch time. these things are awesome, it takes like 30 seconds to make (especially with my magic bullet) and boom I got breakfast.

I go that route a lot too, with low-fat protein shakes (never tried Carnation). Just slam one and head out the door. It's amazing how much easier it is to face the morning with good stuff in your belly.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:49 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
BGbootha wrote:Actually I started drinking Carnation instant breakfast, and it has done wonders for my energy at school. (for those that don't know I teach high school). I very rarely ate breakfast, but would really tire out just before lunch time. these things are awesome, it takes like 30 seconds to make (especially with my magic bullet) and boom I got breakfast.

I go that route a lot too, with low-fat protein shakes (never tried Carnation). Just slam one and head out the door. It's amazing how much easier it is to face the morning with good stuff in your belly.

I'm actually in this group too; I never used to eat breakfast... I'd just pound about 4 or 5 cups of coffee in the morning. Carnation instant breakfast, even though it does not taste very good, has really helped me in the morning. I don't want to eat solid food at 6:00 AM and this has been a great alternative.

Strangely enough, I just get hungry right around lunch time when I skipped breakfast but now I'm starving by that time. I think it's boosted my metabolism.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:53 pm

I rarely ever eat breakfast.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby laxguy8947 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:25 pm

I chose sleep over breakfast during the week so I usually just grab an apple or banana to eat in the car.

Weekends sometimes lunch gets skipped due to a late and large breakfast.

Skipping dinner is not happening to me. Ever.
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Breakfast and it's not even close. If I were to eat breakfest every morning I think I would throw up every morning. Ha, alright a little bit of a stretch but I wouldn't feel to great afterwards. I don't know how anyone could miss dinner, definitely the favourite meal of my day.

Weekends it's a bit different. If you consider a 1:00 PM afternoon breakfast as breakfast then I miss lunch both days on the weekend.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 407)

Previous

Return to General Talk