What's the easiest meal to skip? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What's the easiest meal to skip?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's the easiest meal to skip?

Breakfast
84%
Lunch
11%
Supper
5%

Total votes : 44

Postby josebach » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:09 pm

knapplc wrote:
HiddenIdentity wrote:It's called dinner.

I thought of that when I posted this. That's a secondary discussion - when during the day is "dinner?" Some regions of the country call the noon meal "dinner" and some call the evening meal "dinner," and some (like mine) call the noon meal Lunch and the evening meal Supper.

It's a regional thing, I guess.

How do you ask "What's for dinner?".... "Wassupper?" :-b
Last edited by josebach on Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:09 pm

Skipping meals = bad. I try to eat a little something 4-5 times a day.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:21 pm

Why would you skip any meal? I make sure to get 'em all in each day. First thing I do when I wake up is have a healthy breakfast bar.

I'm one of those that eats something small and healthy every 3 hours. My parents raised me as a health nut.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby josebach » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:29 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Why would you skip any meal? I make sure to get 'em all in each day. First thing I do when I wake up is have a healthy breakfast bar.

I'm one of those that eats something small and healthy every 3 hours. My parents raised me as a health nut.

I eat pretty healthy also, but for some reason the last thing I want to do in the morning after getting up and brushing my teeth is to eat something. I do eat breakfast on weekends some time, but it's usually around 10:00 or so and when I do eat breakfast, I'll skip lunch. I know it's better for your metabolism if you eat many small meals, but it's a pain in the butt. 2 Meals a day is all I eat and it's been that way for probably 10 years.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:32 pm

josebach wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:Why would you skip any meal? I make sure to get 'em all in each day. First thing I do when I wake up is have a healthy breakfast bar.

I eat pretty healthy also, but for some reason the last thing I want to do in the morning after getting up and brushing my teeth is to eat something. I do eat breakfast on weekends some time, but it's usually around 10:00 or so and when I do eat breakfast, I'll skip lunch. I know it's better for your metabolism if you eat many small meals, but it's a pain in the butt. 2 Meals a day is all I eat and it's been that way for probably 10 years.

As long as you're drinking plenty of water, you should be fine with two healthy meals a day. Remember- water is the essence of wetness. And wetness is the essence of beauty.

I just love that avatar. :-b
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby josebach » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:45 pm

Simulacrum wrote:As long as you're drinking plenty of water, you should be fine with two healthy meals a day. Remember- water is the essence of wetness. And wetness is the essence of beauty.

I just love that avatar. :-b

That's funny. That quote is in my sig over on the football side. I need to add it here. ;-D

I do drink tons of water both when I eat means and when I get home after work. I have this big 32 oz mug that I fill up probably 6 times each evening. Water with lemon juice in it is my favorite drink in the world. I'm not talking about a slice of lemon, I'm talking about 5 or 6 tablespoons per 32 oz. glass. YUM!!!! I attribute that in addition to me taking a daily multi-vitamin to me never getting sick. It's been about 5 years since I'v had anything more than a runny nose.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:53 pm

breakfast
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Man, and AD got on me for trying to start a discussion on toilet paper. Now THAT is a problem. How many of you are still getting the one-ply treatment at work AND tolerating it? We must take a stand against lavatory injustice! Two-ply toilet paper, foaming hand soap, urinal dividers and fresh cakes, stall walls and doors that go to the ground; is this so much to ask.

I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby josebach » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:13 pm

Coppermine wrote:
I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!

Word!
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:21 pm

Even the elephant man deserves some respect; and two-play toilet paper.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk