Category changes in my H2H league....good or bad?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Category changes in my H2H league....good or bad??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Category changes in my H2H league....good or bad??

Postby Toomuchnv » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:53 pm

First off let me start by giving you a few details of what the league was like 1 year ago. H2H league with 13 categories. Whoever won the most categories each week got a win. The categories were:

W, L, S, K, K/9, ERA, Whip for pitching
HR, RBI, SB, R, AVG, OPS for hitting.

It's a 12 team auction keeper league and to try and eliminate the strategy of loading up as many starts as you could during the week to win W and K's we had a starts limit of a minimum of 7 and a maximum of 12.

Being that it was on yahoo this was a tad difficult to enforce as owners could start as many as they want and there wasn't much the Commish could do about it.

So, this year I have made 2 changes in my league to stop the pile on starts strategy. Tell me what you think:

1. I switched to CBS sportsline to have more commissioner control.
2. Took out Wins as a category and replaced it with Quality Starts
3. Took out K/9 as a category and replaced it with Walks
4. because of these changes I also eliminated the rule for maximum of starts. Meaning an owner can start however many sp's as they want a week but must have a minimum of 7 starts during a week.

What do you guys think? With QS, L, K, BB, Sv, ERA and Whip as pitching categories does that effectively eliminate the pile on starts strategy??
Toomuchnv
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Suggested Yahoo format

Postby lifeform » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:42 am

I've been using the following league format in my Yahoo H2H league for the past few years:

R, AVE, RBI, HR, SB / W, S, WHIP, ERA, K/9

Min IP = 25

The incentive to pile on the innings for Wins is balanced out by the potential damage to ERA, WHIP, and K/9, and the min IP can be enforced in Yahoo.

Hope this is helpful.
Everything you know is wrong.
lifeform
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner