JT Snow not a SF Giant. Its a GOOD thing ............... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to San Francisco Giants

JT Snow not a SF Giant. Its a GOOD thing ...............

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

JT Snow not a SF Giant. Its a GOOD thing ...............

Postby wrveres » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:46 pm

I hope someone can relay that message to Sabean, phonecall, email, or just passing by his house. Thanks..

Snow waits to see where he will be
Free-agent first baseman hasn't heard from the Giants
By Janie McCauley - ASSOCIATED PRESS
SAN FRANCISCO -- J.T. Snow is optimistic about staying with the San Francisco Giants, and he's also realistic -- he knows the team plans to make a significant cut in payroll.
Snow hasn't heard from the club since it declined his $6.5million option last month.

"Nothing, not a word," the first baseman said Sunday while attending the Rams-49ers game, where his father, Jack, was in the St. Louis broadcast booth. "I don't know what's going to happen. I'll see what happens. No one's called and said what they're thinking."

The 35-year-old Snow, who receives a $750,000 buyout and is now a free agent, is a six-time Gold Glove winner who has spent seven seasons with the Giants. He was limited this past season, playing only 103 games for the NL West champions because of leg injuries.

He hit .273 with eight homers and 51 RBIs and was thrown out at home plate for the final out of the Giants' season in Game 4 of the first-round playoff series against the eventual World Series champion Florida Marlins.

Snow said five or six other teams have expressed interest in him through his agent.

Giants general manager Brian Sabean has said he expects to make a major overhaul of San Francisco's roster this off-season much as the Giants did after the 2002 season when they reached the World Series and lost in seven games to Anaheim.

Shortstop Rich Aurilia's contract is up, catcher Benito Santiago isn't expected to be back and decisions must be made on a handful of others. Sabean expects San Francisco's payroll to drop about $10 million from this year, when it was just under $85 million.

For Snow, this waiting game is a new experience.

He was drafted by the New York Yankees in the fifth round of the 1989 draft, then traded to the California Angels in 1992. The Giants acquired him in a trade during the 1996 off-season.

"It hasn't been hard," said Snow, who lives in nearby San Mateo. "I think something good will happen. There's not much you can do. I've never been through it. I'll stay optimistic. You can't take things personally in sports.

"I want to be with a team that has a chance to win. That's my only thought."
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:26 pm

any team would be lucky to have snow, he makes like 2 errors in a season
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:48 pm

eftda wrote:any team would be lucky to have snow, he makes like 2 errors in a season

yeah, and has only 2 clutch hits all year. Usually in the 3rd inning when it dosen't matter.
Last edited by wrveres on Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby eftda » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:20 am

wrveres wrote:
eftda wrote:any team would be lucky to have snow, he makes like 2 errors in a season

and has only 2 clutch all year too. Usually in the 3rd inning when it dosen't matter.

:-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:15 am

well, in my book, having a 1st baseman who SAVES runs with his D is more important that a hitter who makes 20 errors a season :-o

Giants have had one of the lowest errors since 1997.... hey thats the year Snow came ;-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DanMan1021 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:19 pm

I agree with you eftda, Snow is one of are key defensive players and if they got rid of him they might as well kiss their world series hopes goodbye
DanMan1021
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby so0perspam » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:21 pm

They already exercised Snow's $2 mil option ... he will remain a Giant.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to San Francisco Giants