Jesus Camp (DVD) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Jesus Camp (DVD)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby josebach » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:40 am

pa_tater wrote:Listen guys, I am sorry I posted what I did....I did not want to interrupt this thread, it always healthy to talk about your probs. You are right, I expressed myself like a child and I shouldn't jeopardize whether or not the forum gets locked. For that, I apologize.

I didn't realize some of you would take offense to the word 'sheep'. I just assumed that when one says "Jesus is my shepherd" that you are in effect calling yourself a sheep.

In my original post, I wanted to express how weird it is to hear children and adults alike call for the death of Harry Potter because he is a Warlock in the documentary Jesus Camp (which this thread is entitled).

First of all, "sheep" used in the context of the Bible is not derogatory at all, but "sheep" used in the context that you did is VERY derogatory and I think you very well know that. It's also kind of lame that you were think we were so stupid to actually buy your excuse. Secondly, there's not been one person in this thread that's endorsed "Jesus Camp".

With that being said, thanks for apologizing. That tells me you weren't purposely trying to get the thread locked which is how it first appeared.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:55 am

pa_tater wrote:Listen guys, I am sorry I posted what I did....I did not want to interrupt this thread, it always healthy to talk about your probs. You are right, I expressed myself like a child and I shouldn't jeopardize whether or not the forum gets locked. For that, I apologize.

I didn't realize some of you would take offense to the word 'sheep'. I just assumed that when one says "Jesus is my shepherd" that you are in effect calling yourself a sheep.

In my original post, I wanted to express how weird it is to hear children and adults alike call for the death of Harry Potter because he is a Warlock in the documentary Jesus Camp (which this thread is entitled).
In regards to Harry Potter issues such as burning the books, as one Christian comedian put it, consider your strategies. One thing to consider is this: If Hitler tried it, you might want to go another route. ;-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:52 am

I can't think of a bigger threat to democracy and freedom than book burning/banning.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk