Help for keeper league draft strategy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Help for keeper league draft strategy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:13 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
JTWood wrote:
suckerpuncher wrote:@JTWood
Please, if you have any useful insights let me know. It takes a lot to make me go crazy. :-b

Before I PM STL Sluggers I just want to make sure that this one is the right guy: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... ile&u=4885

I'm both JTWood and StlSluggers. They were just playing with you.

I'll chime in sometime tonight.

wait....why are you both??? :-? :-? :-? :-?

My annual post about why I have two accounts:

I live by e-mail notifications. Unfortunately, you can't set two e-mails to one account. If I want to receive e-mail notifications to topics at the place where I am on the computer, I have to have two accounts.

In short, JT equals me at home; Stl equals me at work.

;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby suckerpuncher » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:46 pm

Thank you very much for your analysis. It's very helpful. ;-D ;-D ;-D

I've got some questions to clearify things which i didn't quite understand. Hope you can help me out again here.

The sandwich analogy means first 6-7 round hitters, next 8-9 rounds pitchers and then hitters again until the end, right?
(Sorry if that one sounds a bit stupid but i'm german i got once in awhile a little problem understanding "insider terms". Also one of the reason why Lofunzo tried to fool me, again. :-B )

And how should i treat the bench spots? 2-3 in favor of hitters or pitchers or even 4-1? Every single IP gives me 3 points until i get to the max of 60 and so i would tend to take more pitchers.

And the rules for active pitchers was altered slightly. Now we can have 3-5 SP and 2-4 RP but not more then 7 active pitchers per day. Shouldn't change that much or does?

That's it. (for now ;-) )
I hope i don't make you go crazy now. :-D
suckerpuncher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby JTWood » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:07 pm

suckerpuncher wrote:The sandwich analogy means first 6-7 round hitters, next 8-9 rounds pitchers and then hitters again until the end, right?

Literally, that's what it means. I doubt I'd actually wait until the 7th round to take my first pitcher. I'd just be taking more hitters early, followed by more pitchers, than finally by hitters to round things out.

suckerpuncher wrote:And how should i treat the bench spots? 2-3 in favor of hitters or pitchers or even 4-1? Every single IP gives me 3 points until i get to the max of 60 and so i would tend to take more pitchers.

That's personal preference really, but if you can get any value out of your bench, it's always best to exploit it. Since you can bounce pitchers in and out, I'd go with extra pitchers.

suckerpuncher wrote:And the rules for active pitchers was altered slightly. Now we can have 3-5 SP and 2-4 RP but not more then 7 active pitchers per day. Shouldn't change that much or does?

I'd make it a goal to go with the 5 SP/2 RP mix. Much higher potential for return. Don't get married to the idea. Some relievers will outscore some starters, but en masse, I'd rather have more SPs in your league.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby suckerpuncher » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:37 pm

JTWood wrote:
suckerpuncher wrote:The sandwich analogy means first 6-7 round hitters, next 8-9 rounds pitchers and then hitters again until the end, right?

Literally, that's what it means. I doubt I'd actually wait until the 7th round to take my first pitcher. I'd just be taking more hitters early, followed by more pitchers, than finally by hitters to round things out.

suckerpuncher wrote:And how should i treat the bench spots? 2-3 in favor of hitters or pitchers or even 4-1? Every single IP gives me 3 points until i get to the max of 60 and so i would tend to take more pitchers.

That's personal preference really, but if you can get any value out of your bench, it's always best to exploit it. Since you can bounce pitchers in and out, I'd go with extra pitchers.

suckerpuncher wrote:And the rules for active pitchers was altered slightly. Now we can have 3-5 SP and 2-4 RP but not more then 7 active pitchers per day. Shouldn't change that much or does?

I'd make it a goal to go with the 5 SP/2 RP mix. Much higher potential for return. Don't get married to the idea. Some relievers will outscore some starters, but en masse, I'd rather have more SPs in your league.

I have to say Thank you, again. ;-D

This will really help me preparing for my draft and hopefully I'll have a great chance of winning it. :-)
suckerpuncher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers