my sleeper: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

my sleeper:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

my sleeper:

Postby ukjohn » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:20 pm

Adam Kennedy, or whoever leads off for Anaheim

if they get Tejada, and let Eckstein go, this lineup will be great:

1. Kennedy, 2B
2. Ersted, OF
3. Salmon, DH
4. Anderson, OF
5. Tejada, SS
6. Glaus, 3B
7. 1st Baseman
8. DaVanon, OF
9. Molina, C

They might get Shannon Stewart also, so he would probally lead off for them. This lineup will be VERY good.
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1283
Joined: 19 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern Kentucky

Postby wrveres » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:10 pm

Stewart and Tejada would be nice additions .... I see Shannon landing in LA, they need a OF and leadoff bad.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: my sleeper:

Postby grammysboy » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:27 pm

ukjohn wrote:Adam Kennedy, or whoever leads off for Anaheim

if they get Tejada, and let Eckstein go, this lineup will be great:

1. Kennedy, 2B
2. Ersted, OF
3. Salmon, DH
4. Anderson, OF
5. Tejada, SS
6. Glaus, 3B
7. 1st Baseman
8. DaVanon, OF
9. Molina, C

They might get Shannon Stewart also, so he would probally lead off for them. This lineup will be VERY good.


Agreed, they can be very good. You've left one off who played some amazing defense in Sept - Chone Figgins. For my money, that's the best name in baseball right now, and he can play too! ;-D
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2861
Joined: 26 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ridin' the Pine

Postby mattd » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:09 am

Yeah, Figgins could be a decent player next year if he gets a starting job.
mattd
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

User avatar

Posts: 13
Joined: 8 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:17 am

mattd wrote:Yeah, Figgins could be a decent player next year if he gets a starting job.


agreed, IF......



welcome to the cafe .... ;-D
Glad to have ya ... :-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:03 am

Chone Figgens, best name in baseball. Yeah, he's a contender, sure, but best? How about Pirates 1st base coach Rusty Kuntz? Or Stubby Clapp? Or etc?

I'm sure that we've had a discussion on this before... I just can't find it.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5000
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not here.

Postby DK » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:19 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Chone Figgens, best name in baseball. Yeah, he's a contender, sure, but best? How about Pirates 1st base coach Rusty Kuntz? Or Stubby Clapp? Or etc?

I'm sure that we've had a discussion on this before... I just can't find it.


Rusty Kuntz...
Dick Harden...
Jung Bong...

and for you non-suggestive types...

Tim Spooneybarger...

the discussion: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22251

it wasn't a discussion though, just something pilambp said.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Re: my sleeper:

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:30 pm

ukjohn wrote:Adam Kennedy, or whoever leads off for Anaheim

if they get Tejada, and let Eckstein go, this lineup will be great:

1. Kennedy, 2B
2. Ersted, OF
3. Salmon, DH
4. Anderson, OF
5. Tejada, SS
6. Glaus, 3B
7. 1st Baseman
8. DaVanon, OF
9. Molina, C

They might get Shannon Stewart also, so he would probally lead off for them. This lineup will be VERY good.


Tejada and Stewart would be great additions for the Halos.....giving them a fairly potent offense....but the big problem next year will be one of the same ones they had this year.....Ortiz, Lackey, Washburn...... :-/
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:32 pm

DK wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:Chone Figgens, best name in baseball. Yeah, he's a contender, sure, but best? How about Pirates 1st base coach Rusty Kuntz? Or Stubby Clapp? Or etc?

I'm sure that we've had a discussion on this before... I just can't find it.


Rusty Kuntz...
Dick Harden...
Jung Bong...

and for you non-suggestive types...

Tim Spooneybarger...

the discussion: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22251

it wasn't a discussion though, just something pilambp said.


and lets not forget Coco Crisp..... :-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby DK » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:28 pm

The Indians must be the only organization in the world who has BOTH a cereal and a game company in their organization. :D
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ayebatter and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact