Roy Halladay - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Roy Halladay

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roy Halladay

Postby krodisgreat » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:43 pm

News: Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi says Will Carroll's report Roy Halladay is having forearm trouble are not accurate, according to the Toronto Globe and Mail. "Doc's been working out normally and we have no plans to do anything different with him this spring," Ricciardi said. "So, it's not like we're sitting on pins and needles with him going into spring training. Hey, every single one of our guys can get hurt at any time. Doc's biggest problem, if there is one, is that he pushes himself too hard all the time. He has to realize he already has the team made."

~CBS Sportsline
krodisgreat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby azliving13 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:35 am

So do we leave Roy Halladay where he is on the draft board? He was shut down before the end of the season last year and not this pops up?

I only ask about what you guys think about the injury news leaking out because I am in talks to get RH and do not want to over pay and keep him in my 10 keepers if we think there is a chance this injury could linger.
azliving13
College Coach
College Coach

Postby whoson1st0 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:44 am

First off, I would never trust anything a GM says about his players.
As for his draft position, I'm thinking he won't move much since at least one person in your league won't be worried about his injury.

I turned down an offer to for halladay at around market price ($25) because I didn't want to pay for that uncertainty. Others may disagree.

My advice would be to see how he looks early in the spring, and see if he is throwing his cut fastball which was reportedly the pitch causing him pain (and the one they were going to have him wait a few weeks to throw).

If you can't wait that long to choose him, see who your 10th keeper would be without Halladay. If it's no one special, Halladay would prob be worth the risk.
whoson1st0
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 44)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates