iPhone Killer! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

iPhone Killer!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:34 pm

Yoda wrote:
It's a phone. It's not a gps device or a small laptop. If it is designed well to function as a phone, then who the hell cares? iPods do one thing well and with far less functionality and inferior technology they own 70% of the market. You guys can tell people there are better products out there until you are blue in the face but let's face it. No one is going to come close to the iPods in terms of sales any time soon.

People are so hung up on cramming all this tech into one small device but really, what is the point? I have a phone that is pretty much a small laptop and I don't use 80% of the functions available to me.

If you don't want the iPhone then don't buy it. Very simple.

jobs called it "the ultimate digital device." convergence of technology was kind of the whole point of the product. excuse me for assuming that meant it should do more than make calls and play music, all for the bargain basement price of $600 + 2 year contract. i am sure it will function well and sell well (with respect to being cingular only). ipod fans will love it.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:46 pm

I have a Blackberry that I'd like to throw out the window every time the little red light starts blinking, so it can't be that great.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk