Having guys from the same team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Having guys from the same team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 am

I'm no h2h expert, but I think I would avoid it in those leagues. In roto I don't care at all.

Teams are very, very streaky in real life. If the team you have 3 fantasy players from has a rough stretch in late September you are out of luck in h2h leagues.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:54 am

slomo007 wrote:I'm no h2h expert, but I think I would avoid it in those leagues. In roto I don't care at all.

Teams are very, very streaky in real life. If the team you have 3 fantasy players from has a rough stretch in late September you are out of luck in h2h leagues.

It's a lot more likely that they put up consistant numbers than it is all three start slumping at the same time.

Just pick the best player for your team's needs each round. If that player happens to play on the same team as some of your other players, so be it. You don't want to purposely hurt your team by taking a player of less value just because you have other fantasy players from his team and you're afraid that team may be slumping come playoff time.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:07 am

josebach wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I'm no h2h expert, but I think I would avoid it in those leagues. In roto I don't care at all.

It's a lot more likely that they put up consistant numbers than it is all three start slumping at the same time.

Just pick the best player for your team's needs each round. If that player happens to play on the same team as some of your other players, so be it. You don't want to purposely hurt your team by taking a player of less value just because you have other fantasy players from his team and you're afraid that team may be slumping come playoff time.

I'll take your word for it, I've only played in 1 h2h league and hated every minute of it. :-P
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:28 am

Doesn't really matter. I'd take A-rod, Jeter, Giambi, Matsui.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby triple3play » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:39 am

i dont think i really matters, i do it.....but my only concern is rain outs. i play in a league where you can change lineups daily. sometimes you can get screwed if the mets get rained out and you had delgado, wright, and wagner on your active roster.
triple3play
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby josebach » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:58 am

triple3play wrote:i dont think i really matters, i do it.....but my only concern is rain outs. i play in a league where you can change lineups daily. sometimes you can get screwed if the mets get rained out and you had delgado, wright, and wagner on your active roster.

Rain outs suck, I agree, but those games will get made up eventually. It all averages out.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KDOGG » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:59 am

chadlincoln wrote:Doesn't really matter. I'd take A-rod, Jeter, Giambi, Matsui.

Better yet, in a Keeper I'd take Conor Jackson, Chris Young, Carlos Quentin and Stephen Drew.

Like everyone else has said I dont think its that big of an issue
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers