New Schedule In My League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

New Schedule In My League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Schedule In My League

Postby Philomath » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:16 pm

I play in a twelve team H2H league and we are going with a new scheduling format this year. Please read the description below for how it will play out. What do you think of this format? I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, opinions, etc. Thanks.

We split the 12 teams into two divisions...

SCHEDULE
Weeks 1-4: (Division Teams Only) You play against all of the teams in your own division each week, so you play 5 games each of those weeks. The team that finishes in first goes 5-0, second goes 4-1, third goes 3-2, 4th goes 2-3, 5th goes 1-4 and the sixth place team goes 0-5 - so after week four each team has played 20 games

Weeks 5-9: (Intra-league) you play vs. both divisions, which totals 11 games per week. The first place team goes 11-0, second place 10-1 and so on. In weeks 5-9, each team plays 55 games

Weeks 10-11 (Interleague) you play only the teams in the opoosite division. the first place team goes 6-0, second place team goes 5-1 and so on. during weeks 10-11 each team plays a total of 12 games

weeks 12-16 (Intra-league) you play vs. both divisions, which totals 11 games per week. The first place team goes 11-0, second place 10-1 and so on. In weeks 12-16, each team plays 55 games

Weeks 17-20 (Division Teams Only) You play against all of the teams in your own division each week, so you play 5 games each of those weeks. The team that finishes in first goes 5-0, second goes 4-1, third goes 3-2, 4th goes 2-3, 5th goes 1-4 and the sixth place team goes 0-5 - so during weeks 17-20 each team plays 20 games
Last edited by Philomath on Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philomath
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRock » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:18 am

Sounds complicated. Seems you're trying to lessen the element of luck involved in traditional H2H by comparing each team to several other teams each week. Why not just use total points for the year?
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Philomath » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:25 pm

Maybe if I give you guys a little more information, I'll get more responses...

We played a league H2H last year - Meaning that each week it was every team vs. every team. The top 6 scoring teams got a win and the bottom 6 got a loss. We are attempting to further remove the 'luck' aspect of H2H, without going completely to a roto style, with this new format. Plus, the guy who came up with it, thought it would be cool if we could get it to equal 162 games. Can anyone else give any input into our new format? Does it make some sense or are we trying to be too clever?
Last edited by Philomath on Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philomath
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigken117 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:55 pm

The more I think about it, the more I kind of like it, but it could be complicated for some people to understand at first (I had to read it 3 times to figure it out :*) )

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Ty Webb » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:12 pm

stick with whatever works. i get it, but i don't get it... you know? anyway, changing stuff just to mix it up usually doesn't pan out. good luck with it and let us know how it goes.
Ty Webb
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Philomath » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:06 pm

I wanted to bump this for a few more opinions...

To simplify my original post the match-ups would end up:

110 games between the whole league
40 games w/in the your own division
12 games w/ in the other league

We are trying to eliminate the luck element in H2H w/out going to a straight roto style. Do you think this format will provide us a good collection of data to determine the best teams in the league?
Philomath
College Coach
College Coach

Re: New Schedule In My League

Postby clarence worley » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:22 pm

Philomath wrote:I play in a twelve team H2H league and we are going with a new scheduling format this year. Please read the description below for how it will play out. What do you think of this format? I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, opinions, etc. Thanks.

We split the 12 teams into two divisions...

SCHEDULE
Weeks 1-4: (Division Teams Only) You play against all of the teams in your own division each week, so you play 5 games each of those weeks. The team that finishes in first goes 5-0, second goes 4-1, third goes 3-2, 4th goes 2-3, 5th goes 1-4 and the sixth place team goes 0-5 - so after week four each team has played 20 games

Weeks 5-9: (Intra-league) you play vs. both divisions, which totals 11 games per week. The first place team goes 11-0, second place 10-1 and so on. In weeks 5-9, each team plays 55 games

Weeks 10-11 (Interleague) you play only the teams in the opoosite division. the first place team goes 6-0, second place team goes 5-1 and so on. during weeks 10-11 each team plays a total of 12 games

weeks 12-16 (Intra-league) you play vs. both divisions, which totals 11 games per week. The first place team goes 11-0, second place 10-1 and so on. In weeks 12-16, each team plays 55 games

Weeks 17-20 (Division Teams Only) You play against all of the teams in your own division each week, so you play 5 games each of those weeks. The team that finishes in first goes 5-0, second goes 4-1, third goes 3-2, 4th goes 2-3, 5th goes 1-4 and the sixth place team goes 0-5 - so during weeks 17-20 each team plays 20 games

I really like the idea, the only problem is that you need your own site to make it work, correct? If I'm wrong, what fantasy provider are you using that makes this possible? Anyways, definitely complicated, but it makes sense and I would think makes the season more enjoyable and rewarding in the end. After all, fantasy baseball is about fun first and foremost. So........I'm curious to here the logistics of how you're implementing this.
clarence worley
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Philomath » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:37 pm

We are using CBS sportsline... I'll ask my commish for specifics and get back to you.
Philomath
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Brendo » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:12 pm

i'm interested to hear about this setup as well.....could make an interesting set-up in our 12-team head-to-head on cbs
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby clarence worley » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:11 pm

Philomath wrote:We are using CBS sportsline... I'll ask my commish for specifics and get back to you.

Swu-eet. I was hoping you'd say that.
clarence worley
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers