Return to General Talk

Update on danielrp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mugrila » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:17 pm

Definitely good news. ;-D
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:20 pm

dream_017 wrote:Here is the latest:

Roy's Wife wrote:Roy is now at Walter Reed. He got there on Saturday and I have been spending every second I could with him. The shrapnel tore up some of his muscle in his leg, so he cannot put any weight on them. He is scheduled to come home tomorrow morning and attend rehab every day. They think he will be better off at home instead of being in the hospital. Either that or they may be tired of seeing me. :) His spirits are high, but he cannot wait to get back on his feet. I have a laptop waiting for him when he gets home so he will have something to do. I cannot wait until he can get on here and read the nice things that were written. I read them to him, but it will have a more real and personal feel when he reads them himself. The card is unbelievable and I will save that for him to look at himself as a surprise.

Sorry guys, no full blown tears, but the card made me proud to talk with all of you. This place and the people that come here are class acts all around. Maybe I will let him on here more often now ;)

Hey, good news!!

He'll be off his feet with a laptop just in time for spring training. Maybe we can steal you from the football side Roy.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:40 pm

Just got a reply back to my email to Roy, as I'm sure many of you will be getting as well.

Roy wrote:Josh,

Thank you for your email and prayers. They have helped! I am home now
and am off my feet and am hoping to recover soon. I am glad Tanya sent
you guys an email on what was going on. I will update a little when I
get back on the Cafe.

Roy
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:10 pm

danielrp wrote:I wanted to thank all of you for the prayers and well wishes. It has been a tough couple of weeks, but things are coming along as well as can be expected. I was not expecting as many responses to the thread my wife started, so that was a shock to say the least. Before I left, I told my wife to let you know if something happened and I am glad that she did that. I also want to thank all of you for the unbelievable card. That took a lot of work, and I really appreciate it. The new title is also pretty cool. Not sure that I really deserved a special title since I was doing the job I signed up to do, but thanks. The sigs are really cool as well.

Here is my story. On the morning of 6 Feb, I was in charge of a supply convoy to take supplies just south of Baghdad. On the return trip, an IED exploded on the side of the road. I was in the passenger seat, so I caught a lot of the blast to include one of my Marines sitting behind me. He is still in the hospital today, but fortunately there were no casualties. I was treated locally and then sent to Landstuhl Germany. I was there for a few days and then was sent to Walter Reed. The shrapnel went in my neck and my legs. The shrapnel tore my muscles in my right leg, but the Dr’s said that I should make a full recovery. The best part is that I am alive and will be able to stay in the Marine Corps. I have 5 ½ years until I retire, so I figure I will see another deployment or two. Possibly back to Iraq, Iran, or Korea. Who knows that the future holds. All I know is that I am happy to be alive and home with my family.

I look forward to talking with all of you again. I have rehab every day, but I will be on often since I will be home and bored out of my mind sitting on this couch.

Thanks again and God Bless all of you.

Roy
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk