The Player to be named later. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Player to be named later.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Player to be named later.

Postby wrveres » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:39 am

PITTSBURGH – Minor league left-hander Cory Stewart was acquired Thursday by the Pittsburgh Pirates from the San Diego Padres as the player to be named in the Brian Giles trade.

The 23-year-old Stewart was 12-7 with a 3.72 ERA in 24 starts for the Padres' Double-A Mobile farm club. He shared the Southern League lead in victories and tied for third with 133 strikeouts.

Stewart, a 27th-round draft pick by the Reds in 1998, was a combined 11-6 at the Padres' Fort Wayne and Lake Elsinore farm clubs in 2002.

The Pirates also acquired outfielder Jason Bay and left-hander Oliver Perez in the Aug. 26 trade for Giles, one of the majors' top run producers the last five seasons.

To make room for Stewart on their 40-man roster, the Pirates released left-hander Jeff D'Amico (9-16, 4.77 ERA), who led the NL in losses.


Damn that is enough already .................. we have more than paid dammit .... I'm almost ready to give Giles back!!!!!!



Of course I kid. :-) :-) :-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31781
(Past Year: 734)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Player to be named later.

Postby DK » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:15 am

wrveres wrote:
PITTSBURGH – Minor league left-hander Cory Stewart was acquired Thursday by the Pittsburgh Pirates from the San Diego Padres as the player to be named in the Brian Giles trade.

The 23-year-old Stewart was 12-7 with a 3.72 ERA in 24 starts for the Padres' Double-A Mobile farm club. He shared the Southern League lead in victories and tied for third with 133 strikeouts.

Stewart, a 27th-round draft pick by the Reds in 1998, was a combined 11-6 at the Padres' Fort Wayne and Lake Elsinore farm clubs in 2002.

The Pirates also acquired outfielder Jason Bay and left-hander Oliver Perez in the Aug. 26 trade for Giles, one of the majors' top run producers the last five seasons.

To make room for Stewart on their 40-man roster, the Pirates released left-hander Jeff D'Amico (9-16, 4.77 ERA), who led the NL in losses.


Damn that is enough already .................. we have more than paid dammit .... I'm almost ready to give Giles back!!!!!!



Of course I kid. :-) :-) :-)


Such the kidder wrveres...

I was looking at stewart's stats, they seem to be pretty good. Do you think he'll hit the majors?
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:41 am

Relax Wrveres. Looks like he's a couple of years away. Plenty of time for you to get him back. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby eftda » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:53 pm

tyhey have given up ALOT for giles
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:39 pm

He may see some time next fall, but he is not considered a huge prospect ..... Pittsburgh has alot of pitching prospects in there system already though ... hmmmm
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31781
(Past Year: 734)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mightyian5 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:33 pm

seems like nobody ever grows out of pittsburgh though. and you cant say giles, because he started right after we traded him to pittsburgh.

seriously though, now that think about it, who was the last big thing to come out of the pitt system?
theyre coming.....
mightyian5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 630
Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:49 pm

mightyian5 wrote:seems like nobody ever grows out of pittsburgh though. and you cant say giles, because he started right after we traded him to pittsburgh.

seriously though, now that think about it, who was the last big thing to come out of the pitt system?


Barry Bonds grew out of Pittsburg...
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby Madison » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:25 pm

shortsavage wrote:
mightyian5 wrote:seems like nobody ever grows out of pittsburgh though. and you cant say giles, because he started right after we traded him to pittsburgh.

seriously though, now that think about it, who was the last big thing to come out of the pitt system?


Barry Bonds grew out of Pittsburg...


You beat me to it. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:27 am

Madison wrote:
shortsavage wrote:
mightyian5 wrote:seems like nobody ever grows out of pittsburgh though. and you cant say giles, because he started right after we traded him to pittsburgh.

seriously though, now that think about it, who was the last big thing to come out of the pitt system?


Barry Bonds grew out of Pittsburg...


You beat me to it. ;-D


So one....in the last 16 years ....
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31781
(Past Year: 734)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:43 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
shortsavage wrote:
mightyian5 wrote:seems like nobody ever grows out of pittsburgh though. and you cant say giles, because he started right after we traded him to pittsburgh.

seriously though, now that think about it, who was the last big thing to come out of the pitt system?


Barry Bonds grew out of Pittsburg...


You beat me to it. ;-D


So one....in the last 16 years ....


And that one is worth more than all the prospects some organizations have developed in the last 16 years combined ;-) .
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kab21 and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Sep. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact