What features would you implement... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What features would you implement...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What features would you implement...

Postby jpgretzky15 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:21 am

...if you ran the fantasy baseball provider of your choice? What if you worked for Yahoo or CBS or any of the providers?

I was just thinking tonight about this idea. In English soccer, there are different "tiers" of the league, and the highest teams of one tier move up, while the lowest move down. Teams fight their way to get to the top tier.

I have a lot of friends who play fantasy baseball, but of course, I only can select 11 others to be in my league. I would want to design a league where as commissioner, I would run an entire league, with two or three tiers of 12 teams each. Each tier would have their own draft and play against one another within their tier. The league would be available year-round, so it would be updated at the end of the year, with three teams moving up or down from each tier. Over the offseason, managers can sign up for another year or drop out, under which circumstance, someone would replace them in the spot they would have been in.

Thats just my idea. I think it would be pretty awesome, and I would pay for Yahoo plus to get something like that. Whats something youve always dreamed of to modify your favorite game?
Let's Go Yankees!
jpgretzky15
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What features would you implement...

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:50 am

jpgretzky15 wrote:...if you ran the fantasy baseball provider of your choice? What if you worked for Yahoo or CBS or any of the providers?

I was just thinking tonight about this idea. In English soccer, there are different "tiers" of the league, and the highest teams of one tier move up, while the lowest move down. Teams fight their way to get to the top tier.

I have a lot of friends who play fantasy baseball, but of course, I only can select 11 others to be in my league. I would want to design a league where as commissioner, I would run an entire league, with two or three tiers of 12 teams each. Each tier would have their own draft and play against one another within their tier. The league would be available year-round, so it would be updated at the end of the year, with three teams moving up or down from each tier. Over the offseason, managers can sign up for another year or drop out, under which circumstance, someone would replace them in the spot they would have been in.

Thats just my idea. I think it would be pretty awesome, and I would pay for Yahoo plus to get something like that. Whats something youve always dreamed of to modify your favorite game?

you need to check out the H2HWS ..

Anyways, one thing I would implement immed. is to make the fantasy season end one week earlier.
To much odd stuff happens in the final week.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby dmendro » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:55 am

Auction drafts anyone? Seriously. It's the best kind of draft to do and the lack of support for auction drafts by online fantasy hosts sucks.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Black 'N Blue Podcast
RSS Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BlacknBlue
Beating each other up one sport at a time.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby ironman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:00 am

dmendro wrote:Auction drafts anyone? Seriously. It's the best kind of draft to do and the lack of support for auction drafts by online fantasy hosts sucks.

Amen to that. The first site to fully embrace a live online auction style draft format will be admired by many.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:06 pm

Auction leagues
Salary Cap Baseball like Salary Cap Football they have.
Maximum IP per week in H2H, not just a minimum
Limo service
Yahoo holds money for $$$ leagues, not some guy you've never met with a Paypal account
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:55 pm

an Auction system would be sweet.

you know what I would really like to see.
Is one of these programmer types create on 'open source' fantasy baseball program. That way anybody could just slap it on a server, no ad's, and we could have 'our' game back. The stats don't have to be live, but update daily in the AM preferably. But make it 'open source' so it can get tweaked, tweaked and tweaked again, till we get one that is fully customizable.

how hard can that be.

programmer types, code writers, where are you?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby ironman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:41 pm

wrveres wrote:an Auction system would be sweet.

you know what I would really like to see.
Is one of these programmer types create on 'open source' fantasy baseball program. That way anybody could just slap it on a server, no ad's, and we could have 'our' game back. The stats don't have to be live, but update daily in the AM preferably. But make it 'open source' so it can get tweaked, tweaked and tweaked again, till we get one that is fully customizable.

how hard can that be.

programmer types, code writers, where are you?

Is that even possible without MLB or the Players Association raising a stink?
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby AdvRider » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:15 pm

For Yahoo --

1) Under Full Standings, implement user option to view changes in standings (e.g. +1.5 WHIP for your team over week) by day, week, month, and season. This would enable you to see where you're slipping, particularly on a weekly and monthly basis ... and see where your rivals are gaining.

2) Enable user to view both actual and fantasy stats for players so you can better gauge your effectiveness in playing and benching.

3) Make Full Standings accessible from every page -- not just the front page!!!

Actually #2 and #3 used to be in place, and Yahoo inexplicably did away with them ...
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Eagle Baseball » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:16 pm

Here is something that I think would be interesting.

Place a value on every player like an auction. Than let every manager pick whoever they want on their team as long as they stay under $260. If every manager wants Pujols at $50 or whatever so be it. You just choose whoever you want at a given price. You can make changes thoughout the year knowing what each player will cost just keep your total cost under $260 at all times.
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LukeW9027 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:21 pm

Eagle Baseball wrote:Here is something that I think would be interesting.

Place a value on every player like an auction. Than let every manager pick whoever they want on their team as long as they stay under $260. If every manager wants Pujols at $50 or whatever so be it. You just choose whoever you want at a given price. You can make changes thoughout the year knowing what each player will cost just keep your total cost under $260 at all times.

That would be the same as salary cap football, but for baseball, like chadlincoln said.
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers