Next big prospect - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Next big prospect

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

i know!!!!!!

Postby seadogsrock6 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:32 pm

my cousin Jeff Lyman will be the next best pitcher ever!!!!!!
seadogsrock6
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jwhands » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:49 pm

With that many listed and Andrew McCutchen hasn't been mentioned yet?
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thedude » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:55 pm

He asked for the next big prospect. Some of the guys being listed are already considered big time prospects. Like McCutchen who is already considered a top 15 prospect. And Jay Bruce who is considered a top 10 prospect.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jwhands » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:44 pm

thedude wrote:He asked for the next big prospect. Some of the guys being listed are already considered big time prospects. Like McCutchen who is already considered a top 15 prospect. And Jay Bruce who is considered a top 10 prospect.

I think he wanted to know who would be the Gordons, Youngs, etc in a year or two. McCutchen and Bruce are the people in that category.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: not sure

Postby dooz » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:03 pm

baseball authority wrote:Adenhart had Tommy John surgery in high school and could be ready to take a big step forward in 2007 two full seasons after the surgery. Inman is still very young, but he has some professional experience and has mastered A-ball at age 19.

It is interesting that you are using Adenhart's HS Tommy John surgery as a plus. I am not sure its such a good idea to invest a lot into a player who already has already needed such a major surgery.

I don't much about the guy so I guess that may all just serve as evidence of how good you think he is.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Pirates4Life » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:36 pm

Guys like Kershaw, Adenhart, and Bruce are already top 20-25 prospects at a minimum on most lists.

If you're looking for a guy currently outside the top 25 on every list who should be ranking considerably higher next year, watch Clay Buchholz. 4 great pitches including a mid-90's fastball, and exceptional control to go with them. He's in the 40-60 range on a lot of lists I've seen this year, but expect him to be in the top 20 next year, or maybe by midseason.
Pirates4Life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thedude » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:20 am

Pirates4Life wrote:Guys like Kershaw, Adenhart, and Bruce are already top 20-25 prospects at a minimum on most lists.

If you're looking for a guy currently outside the top 25 on every list who should be ranking considerably higher next year, watch Clay Buchholz. 4 great pitches including a mid-90's fastball, and exceptional control to go with them. He's in the 40-60 range on a lot of lists I've seen this year, but expect him to be in the top 20 next year, or maybe by midseason.

He is kinda at the point that Phillip Hughes was last year at this time. Considered a top 50 prospect, but not given the credit he deserved. I don't think Buchholz will be the top pitching prospect in baseball next year, but he will make a huge jump in the rankings (barring injury).
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:42 am

Can Jeff Bianchi be considered unknown? :-?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jwhands » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:32 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:Can Jeff Bianchi be considered unknown? :-?

I would think so, since he isn't on the team's top 10 for BA. The only people who would know about him are the ones that have done some reasonable research. I like the kid a lot though.
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: i know!!!!!!

Postby Big Hurt CPOY 06 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:52 am

seadogsrock6 wrote:my cousin Jeff Lyman will be the next best pitcher ever!!!!!!

Jeff went to high school at my rival MV, actually. How's he been doing?
The Big Hurt was robbed!

Big Hurt CPOY 06
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball