Ensberg - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ensberg

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby astav28 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:50 pm

Well, in my 10 team keeper league, we have 23 roster spots each and he didnt get drafted so that's 230 players. In a 12 team league, that would equate to roughly round 19-20ish; so with that said Id project him a last 2-3 round pick or undrafted. This is assuming a standard yahoo format of 12 teams, 22 players per team. (264 total)
astav28
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:06 pm

Should hit 30 easily provided his shoulder holds up. I agree with most that his AVG won't be that good but his power is real. I'd watch him closely in ST.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby frozenrope » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:19 pm

Interesting story regarding Ensberg..... I was at a coaches clinic this weekend. Spin Williams who was the pitching coach with the Pirates and is now with Washington was speaking about the Slide Step. He said that they couldn't get Ensberg out, he was just killing them. Then they discovered when they used the slide step against him it disrupted his timing and he struggled. It has nothing to do with the topic but it is a good story.
frozenrope
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:54 pm

i think he easily can hit 30 hr if he's healthy, and is definitely worth a spot later in drafts...id say anytime after round 15 or so would be good value/risk

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fiz » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:04 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i think he easily can hit 30 hr if he's healthy, and is definitely worth a spot later in drafts...id say anytime after round 15 or so would be good value/risk

agreed - he's a good bounceback candidate, just keep an eye on him in ST to see if he's won the job outright.
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Hobbes » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:07 am

This all sounds so tempting, but Ensberg just killed me last year. He go off to that great start and then after the injury he could never get it back together. I kept waiting and waiting for him to regain form but it just didn't happen. I kept him in my lineup for the longest time because there were no viable options on the wire. Teahen eventually saved my bacon, only to get injured before the playoffs. :,-(

I'm just so gun-shy about giving him another shot, even if it is with a late-round pick. I'll keep my eye on him though.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:54 am

I'd love to get him as a backup, also for potential trade bait should he do well.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ender » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:25 pm

I learned my lesson last year with Wilkerson, production problems caused by shoulder problems are a bad thing, especially if you don't repair the shoulder in the off season. I'll just say no to Ensberg this year and let someone else take the risk.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers