Rays Spring Training Info - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Rays Spring Training Info

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Postby BooksRnot4U » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:10 pm

I wouldn't mind putting AKI at 2nd and Upton at 3rd and then start Dukes at DH that would add the youth we need and I think would work decently defensively, I think Upton will be traded at some point sometime in the near future though

Thanks to Alec03 for the awesome sig
BooksRnot4U
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:38 pm

BooksRnot4U wrote:I wouldn't mind putting AKI at 2nd and Upton at 3rd and then start Dukes at DH that would add the youth we need and I think would work decently defensively, I think Upton will be traded at some point sometime in the near future though

I don't think Upton goes anywhere unless Longoria just goes off this year in the minors. Even then I think Baldelli is the one they will move instead of Upton, as Upton is the special player that could lead us to the playoffs. Upton imo is even more special of a talent then Crawford or Delmon.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:00 pm

people have to be realased or cut in order to succed.
i like gomes and cantu but some steps must be taken.
and im sure they know more then us and know how to handle this situation.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:41 pm

jlm53089 wrote:people have to be realased or cut in order to succed.
i like gomes and cantu but some steps must be taken.
and im sure they know more then us and know how to handle this situation.

I don't like Gomes or Cantu and think both should be cut. O:-)
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:25 pm

BooksRnot4U wrote:I wouldn't mind putting AKI at 2nd and Upton at 3rd and then start Dukes at DH that would add the youth we need and I think would work decently defensively, I think Upton will be traded at some point sometime in the near future though

BJ needs to stay at 2B, he has no errors there and seems very very comfortable there now. Aki is a 5 time GG winner in Japan at 3B, no reason to move those 2.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BooksRnot4U » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:03 pm

as long as you get them playing time though we have to give Cantu a chance to see if he can hit like he did 2 years ago first. as well as gomes at DH. We need to experiment these year with these guys. We need to see if Gomes and Cantu can rebound before we start plugging in these young guys. If upton can start playing 2B very well then that would help our defense alot. Wigginton may be a liability at 1B defensively but he has a great bat and then upton, zobrist, and aki in the infield with delmon, rocco, and C.C. in the OF is good and I think truthfully that Dioner will develop into a .300 BA, 10 HR, 65 RBI, 70 R and great defense behind the plate for us.

we have good pieces and then we're not even considering the young pitching, dukes, upton, longoria, or any of these other young guys we have going and maybe even Gomes and Cantu if they step up their game again.

BooksRnot4U
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:16 pm

Gomes has a hole in his swing a ile wide, and don't get me started on Cantu. Its time we cut ties with these guys and let the younger more talented players play and get the experiance we need to make a run next year or the year after
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:29 am

BooksRnot4U wrote:as long as you get them playing time though we have to give Cantu a chance to see if he can hit like he did 2 years ago first. as well as gomes at DH. We need to experiment these year with these guys. .

Not with those 2 guys we don't. We need to be getting Upton, Delmon, Dukes, and the pitching ready for a 2008 showdown with the Sox and Yanks. I would imagine we could get something for both of them in a trade, so lets move them for anything we can get, and work the young guys in.
raiders_umpire

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:56 pm

Great pitching performance today. 7 hits given up. Fossum had a nice 5 innings. Orvella is the man, dood has a .96 ERA hasn't given up many hits or walks and has been getting the K's, can a brotha get the closer role :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BooksRnot4U » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:30 pm

I thought he was ready last year but he wasn't but I really think he is now and I think he let him sit there unless he really starts to bomb this year but we just plug everyone in

I wouldn't mind trading away cantu and gomes but I do think they have some talent and if Gomes goes off and becomes a star somewhre else it will plant a seed in the managements mind that maybe shouldn't be there

I would love seeing Dukes at DH and Upton at 2B and we would be a very strong team for the future but I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

BooksRnot4U
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Tampa Bay Rays