Rays Spring Training Info - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Rays Spring Training Info

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:32 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Our rotation starting ST is a Follows

Kaz
Fossum
Shields
Seo

5th is up for grabs with EJAX being the leading candidate and Hammels right behind ;-D




Not great, but not terrible either. The main thing will be the bullpen. 3 or 4 live arms in the bullpen would be huge for the further development of this team.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:39 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Our rotation starting ST is a Follows

Kaz
Fossum
Shields
Seo

5th is up for grabs with EJAX being the leading candidate and Hammels right behind ;-D




Not great, but not terrible either. The main thing will be the bullpen. 3 or 4 live arms in the bullpen would be huge for the further development of this team.


I agree, i am glad they are given Ejax the best chance thoug, i was figuring you would agree :-?
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby jlm53089 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:05 pm

I say put edwin in the pen for the first month.
get him used to the big leagues again then switch him with howell or more then likely seo.
but day by day i get more and more excited.
where are you getting this info from deerayfan?
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:12 pm

jlm53089 wrote:I say put edwin in the pen for the first month.
get him used to the big leagues again then switch him with howell or more then likely seo.
but day by day i get more and more excited.
where are you getting this info from deerayfan?


Part of what i do in my intern/school opps is with the Rays, and i am friends with some of the guys. I can't go too deep into it b/c i say somethings i am not supposed to sometimes :-°
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:02 pm

It looks like Dukes is going to break ST with the Rays as the 4th OF. That is the thinking right now ;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:49 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:It looks like Dukes is going to break ST with the Rays as the 4th OF. That is the thinking right now ;-D


yea i saw you had a good head on his shoulders in the paper.
but lets wait for a little while before we get our hopes up.
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:50 pm

jlm53089 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:It looks like Dukes is going to break ST with the Rays as the 4th OF. That is the thinking right now ;-D


yea i saw you had a good head on his shoulders in the paper.
but lets wait for a little while before we get our hopes up.


I am talking about the DRO plans for him, even if he screws up they are going to back him and keep him around ;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:18 pm

lets hope he isnt going to turn into ricky williams...
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:23 pm

jlm53089 wrote:lets hope he isnt going to turn into ricky williams...



Lets hope he isn't the Dukes of 06 or 05 or 04. :-°
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:57 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:lets hope he isnt going to turn into ricky williams...



Lets hope he isn't the Dukes of 06 or 05 or 04. :-°


He will be one to watch. He has the backing of the DRO and i hope he can keep it up. He has so much talent. I think the fact that the Rays have told him he will break camp with the Rays has relaxed him a bit also and i think he is just gonna come out to play.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

PreviousNext

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact