Juan Encarnacion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Juan Encarnacion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Juan Encarnacion

Postby Chicago » Mon May 06, 2002 2:13 pm

Some people are saying that when Griffey comes back, Encarnacion might get the short end of the stick in the Reds OF (With Dunn and Kearns taking the other two slots). Personally, I think it will be Kearns; Juan has been the Reds offensive catalyst! But still, manager Bob Boone might do a silly rotating OF thing which would hurt Juan's AB's.

Let me know if anyone hears anything. Juan is currently filling out the OF in all 3 of my fantasy teams, he's been a great pickup so far.
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 2times » Mon May 06, 2002 3:13 pm

Yea Encarnacion has been great so far. this is what i read,

RotoTimes:
he Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Austin Kearns is likely to remain with the Reds when Ken Griffey Jr. comes off the DL. GM Jim Bowden indicated that Kearns, Griffey, Juan Encarnacion, and Adam Dunn would all continue to play regularly with Dunn seeing some time at first base.

I've also read that Cincy is actively trying to trade Encarnacion but I'm unsure as to where. I don't know how Boone could send down a guy hitting .378, clearly Kearns has earned his stripes, what this means for Encarnacion....who knows?
2times

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon May 06, 2002 6:23 pm

2times has got the info on this one, including the Encarnacion trade rumors (single league owners take note). The trouble is that nobody, not even the Reds themselves, know how this will pan out.

Keep in mind that Griffey's health is still an unknown factor. It's definitely not a given that he'll be back at 100%. If he does return to play everyday, I think one of three things will happen:

Encarnacion gets traded.

Kearns gets sent back to the minors if he shows signs of slumping.

Or, the Reds will try to give all these guys playing time, making Sean Casey the loser of all this shuffling.

Needless to say, this will be a very interesting situation to follow...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers