God Of War 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

God Of War 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:12 pm

What level are you?

Anyways for some other strategies:

Tanks- What a Tank is, is a player that you devote soley to trying to make them hard to kill, not so much be able to deal massive damage just have a large bar of health and plenty of good support spells to make him even harder to kill. There sole purpose is to take on the damage of all the enemies while you other character sit back and dish out damage.

What I am doing right now is running my party in two groups

Party A:
Basch- Tank, uses shield, and melee weapon also leads my party
Balthier- Ranged support caster, uses gun along with casting shell's and protects on Basch
Ashe- Mage, heals Basch as well as, cast oil on enemies so Balthier's fire shot does double damage, also uses black magic

Party B:
Vaan- plays Basch's role
Fran- plays Balthier's role
Penelo- plays Ashe's role

Basically Basch runs in gathering the attention of the enemies while Balthier and Ashe stay back un harmed dishing out the big damage and occasionally healing our supporting Basch when needed.

Gambits though are the key to success, at least easy success, ocne you master a gambit formation for any area you can pretty well blow through the place. I'd say mess around with the gambits now, because it pays dividends later on when your enemies get muc more difficult.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ThatDude » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:28 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:What level are you?

I think Vaan is 21. Everyone else is in the 19-17 range.

Anyways for some other strategies:

Tanks- What a Tank is, is a player that you devote soley to trying to make them hard to kill, not so much be able to deal massive damage just have a large bar of health and plenty of good support spells to make him even harder to kill. There sole purpose is to take on the damage of all the enemies while you other character sit back and dish out damage.

What I am doing right now is running my party in two groups

Party A:
Basch- Tank, uses shield, and melee weapon also leads my party
Balthier- Ranged support caster, uses gun along with casting shell's and protects on Basch
Ashe- Mage, heals Basch as well as, cast oil on enemies so Balthier's fire shot does double damage, also uses black magic

Party B:
Vaan- plays Basch's role
Fran- plays Balthier's role
Penelo- plays Ashe's role

Basically Basch runs in gathering the attention of the enemies while Balthier and Ashe stay back un harmed dishing out the big damage and occasionally healing our supporting Basch when needed.

I've got everyone equipped with melee weapons, except for Fran.

That's probably not the best strategy.

Gambits though are the key to success, at least easy success, ocne you master a gambit formation for any area you can pretty well blow through the place. I'd say mess around with the gambits now, because it pays dividends later on when your enemies get muc more difficult.

I've just started really tinkering with the gambits.

Right now, I've got everyone pretty much set up the same.

Raise in the 1st slot, Esuna in the 2nd slot, Cure below 40% in the 3rd slot(Fran has Cura), and attack nearest foe in the 4th slot.

Most characters only have the 4 gambit slots right now.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:35 pm

Is thread about GOW II or some other game?

I got GOW II yesterday and I've spent about an hour playing it. It's exactly like the first one, meaning that it kicks ass. ;-D I have noticed a lot of long cut away scenes though, but those are good, almost like watching a movie.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby ThatDude » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:42 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Is thread about GOW II or some other game?

I got GOW II yesterday and I've spent about an hour playing it. It's exactly like the first one, meaning that it kicks ass. ;-D I have noticed a lot of long cut away scenes though, but those are good, almost like watching a movie.

Well, I kinda hijacked my own thread with some FFXII stuff.

Those scenes just continue to get better. I think the story in this game is even better than the first. It's not as personal, but it's alot bigger.

Any game where you can kill a giant golden statue and have a threesome with two chicks in a pool within the first hour is a quality game.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Video Games