God Of War 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

God Of War 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tuff_gong » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:48 pm

Go read the IGN advanced review, it was a 9.something. It really has a lot of good things to say about GOW2, even going so far at some points to call it one of the, if not the best ps2 game. If I still had a ps2 I'd definately check it out.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ThatDude » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:44 pm

tuff_gong wrote:Go read the IGN advanced review, it was a 9.something. It really has a lot of good things to say about GOW2, even going so far at some points to call it one of the, if not the best ps2 game. If I still had a ps2 I'd definately check it out.

I'm purposely avoiding all previews, reviews, videos, and everything like that. I want everything in the game to be a surprise.

I loved the first one, in fact I just finished beating it on God Mode for the 5th or 6th time about a week ago. There's no doubt in my mind that GoW2 will be awesome.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:13 am

i didnt play the first one but it looked pretty cool...i may pick it up if/when i ever beat Final Fantasy XII
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby ThatDude » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:48 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:i didnt play the first one but it looked pretty cool...i may pick it up if/when i ever beat Final Fantasy XII

I picked up FFXII at the same time I got GoW2, but I haven't started FFXII yet.

As for GoW2, I'm a good chunk of the way through it, and it truly is better than the first one. Not in any groundbreaking way, instead it takes everything that was great about the first one (by which I mean everything was great about the first one) and does it just a little better this time around.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SignGuy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:12 pm

I put off getting it for a few days, but with the weather like it is in NYC tonight i made sure to pick it up because i dont plan on going out in this crap. I loved the first GOW but i heard this one is even better (if thats possible). I could def use a rest from MLB 2K7....im gettign sick of that game already
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ThatDude » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:47 pm

SignGuy wrote:I put off getting it for a few days, but with the weather like it is in NYC tonight i made sure to pick it up because i dont plan on going out in this crap. I loved the first GOW but i heard this one is even better (if thats possible). I could def use a rest from MLB 2K7....im gettign sick of that game already

It isn't just possible, it's a fact.

I don't want to ruin anyone's experience with the game, so I won't spoil anything. I'll just say that even though I haven't finished it yet, I'm already certain it's superior to the original, in a multitude of ways.

There's no revolutionary or massive changes, there wasn't a need for anything like that. Everything that was awesome about the first game was made more awesomer in this one.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:45 pm

ThatDude wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i didnt play the first one but it looked pretty cool...i may pick it up if/when i ever beat Final Fantasy XII

As for GoW2, I'm a good chunk of the way through it, and it truly is better than the first one. Not in any groundbreaking way, instead it takes everything that was great about the first one (by which I mean everything was great about the first one) and does it just a little better this time around.

cool, hope you like FFXII...it can be a little tedious at times but i've enjoyed it...definately takes up alot of time though. i'm close to beating it but have a ton of side quests and whatnot still to do. i think i may just beat it, get GoW2 and go back and finish of the side quests in FF
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby ThatDude » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:47 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
ThatDude wrote:

cool, hope you like FFXII...it can be a little tedious at times but i've enjoyed it...definately takes up alot of time though. i'm close to beating it but have a ton of side quests and whatnot still to do. i think i may just beat it, get GoW2 and go back and finish of the side quests in FF

I'm sure I'll like it, and I'm equally sure I'll get my money's worth out of it. I had over 200 hours in FFX, mainly due to my obsession with stat maxing. If I can get even half of that out of FFXII, I'll be happy.

I've heard the combat system has changed considerably, hopefully it's for the best.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:02 pm

ThatDude wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
ThatDude wrote:

I'm sure I'll like it, and I'm equally sure I'll get my money's worth out of it. I had over 200 hours in FFX, mainly due to my obsession with stat maxing. If I can get even half of that out of FFXII, I'll be happy.

I've heard the combat system has changed considerably, hopefully it's for the best.

there's definately alot to get obsessed about, it sounds insanely hard to get some of the best weapons and whatnot...not sure how into spoilers you are but you might want to browse some message boards or FAQ's because there are some weapons you cant get it you do some other things in the game

yeah, gone are the random battles..you can now see all the enemies and it's more of a real time feel (still turn based) and you can set up "gambits" like Auto-cure if certain character HP falls below a certain % so it takes alot of the tedius curing and whatnot out of the game
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ThatDude » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:16 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
ThatDude wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
ThatDude wrote:

there's definately alot to get obsessed about, it sounds insanely hard to get some of the best weapons and whatnot...not sure how into spoilers you are but you might want to browse some message boards or FAQ's because there are some weapons you cant get it you do some other things in the game

yeah, gone are the random battles..you can now see all the enemies and it's more of a real time feel (still turn based) and you can set up "gambits" like Auto-cure if certain character HP falls below a certain % so it takes alot of the tedius curing and whatnot out of the game

I play every game through at least once completely on my own, then I consult the guides. Sometimes with the FF games, I'll play twice on my own before going for the complete walkthroughs. I want to see how much I can get on my own.

I do like the sound of that. Random battles used to piss me off alot, especially late in the game when I all my stats were near max and those battles were nothing more than a waste of time. The 'no encounters' accessories were my good friends.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games