League Problem - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League Problem

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

League Problem

Postby raygunpunx » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:48 pm

I am the commish of a 12 team 5 by 5 auction keeper league.

Last year 1 of the owners was having computer problems and got stuck with all 1 dollar players. He agreed to stay in the league and looked at it as somewhat as a challenge. Needless to say he is not coming back and we are stuck with what to do now.

1. Do we hope we can find an owner to take over?

2. Let the computer auto bid a team for him and let me run his team for the year and then look for a replacement owner the following year?

3. Have each team protect a certain amount of players and then let the new owner select some players?
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby converge241 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:05 pm

if its not H2H you can just go with 11 teams for roto

hold a short contraction draft by standings (or just zip their players into the draft)

if it is a H2H and you need those even number of teams I would say a new owner expansion draft would be best

dont know how many you keep, but have all the teams protect a very low number to start with (say 2 or 3) and the new owner gets to pick from the remaining available. None of the other teams can get nailed twice with a pick and he picks until he has the same number of keeper eligible guys as the other teams after each pick teams protect an additional player

teams who got a player taken get to move another remaining exisiting roster player into a keeper slot for this season
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 101)

Postby whoson1st0 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:06 am

We've had 11 teams before and then moved up to 12 the following year so I think we've handled these similar issue:

1. If you have to stay with 11 teams, not a big deal. Even in a h2h league, you will just have 1 team with a BYE every week. Not the idea situation but certainly not the end of the world either. Then put anyone that was on that team and put them into the available pool for the auction/draft.

2. If you replace this team, you can give him the choice of either keeping the existing team (which I'm guessing won't happen) or have an expansion draft from the other 11 teams. In our system we have a max of 10 keepers per team so everyone protects 10 players and the new teams starts picking players. When a team has a player taken, he can then protect 5 more players. The expansion team must draft at least 5 players (the min number of keepers), I'm not sure what the max is off the top of my head. This expansion team usually gets some decent keepers but not so good that he has a big advantage over pre-existing teams.
whoson1st0
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 45)

Return to Commissioner's Corner