Big Board Update plus Yahoo Start Date reference... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Big Board Update plus Yahoo Start Date reference...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: RE: Yahoo!

Postby wrveres » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:48 pm

BigNoise wrote:Hey Guys,

This is fantasy columnist Brad Evans from Yahoo! Yes, I'm the j-hole with the receeding hairline who constantly remarks about man-crushes and ridiculous nicknames.

Just to clarify the rumors flying around about the launch date of the baseball product, yes, Funston is correct, leagues will be available in mid-February.

On another note, I know a few of you have ridiculed our coverage in the past, but this year we'll bring the noise with the best of them. Look for a bombardment of original material to post at launch and throughout spring training.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them and I'll try to answer a few. Thanks for the continued support!

cool, welcome to the cafe ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 743)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedantic » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:56 am

BigNoise wrote:Theriot is a prime $1 NL-only target. The dude can really churn the wheels and will be good for 25-plus steals with 300 ABs. "Sweet" Lou mentioned he would like to utilize Theriot in a super-utility role, including spot play in center. Given his versatility (2B, SS, OF, maybe even 3B) he's a dirt cheap Ryan Freel.

Okay, I have to say something about this. Given enough playing time, he may earn $1 in an NL-only. However, I have to disagree with calling him a prime target. I just don't think the upside is that high, especially since the downside is that he could suck badly. At best, he gets a few hundred plate appearances and posts double-digit steals. I don't really think that he has the kind of speed for 25 steals in limited playing time. I also don't think that he's a very good hitter. He does have good plate discipline, but that really does him little good, because he doesn't hit for average or power. The only time he's posted an average over .270 or an OPS over .700 was as a 24-year-old in High-A, a 25-year-old in AA, and as a 26-year-old in AAA. That's pretty ugly, if you ask me.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby nissan_350z » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:56 am

February 15th. Can't wait.
nissan_350z
College Coach
College Coach

Previous