Big Board Update plus Yahoo Start Date reference... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Big Board Update plus Yahoo Start Date reference...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Sensei » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:31 am

my thoughts exactly...and what's a j-hole?
"I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:53 am

Snakes Gould wrote:pretty quick to believe its actually evans, arent we boys? could be an impostor }:-)

Impostor? What's the worst case scenario? Why worry.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby FrankGore » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:21 am

so when does yahoo launch baseball?
FrankGore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Archduke Chocula » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:38 am

FrankGore wrote:so when does yahoo launch baseball?

I was trying to figure out why you were the first to post that. That was my first question after reading his post.

Tell us the damn date, man!

:)
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

RE: Yahoo!

Postby BigNoise » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:56 am

nissan_350z wrote:Hey Brad. Just wondering... will online drafts be available the same day Fantasy Baseball launches?

Looking forward to the extra material you guys will be providing! My baseball league has enjoyed the services provided by Yahoo, and we will be converting to Plus this year.

Thanks, we're looking forward to bringing you great coverage.

Yes, online drafts should be available the day of launch.
BigNoise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: RE: Yahoo!

Postby BigNoise » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:07 am

Havok1517 wrote:
Great to have you on board!

Okay, I got a big question for you. One in fact that was discussed here greatly last week I believe. Within the yahoo player database, Alex Gordon, Philip Hughes, Adam Miller, Cameron Maybin, Billy Butler, etc., etc. are currently found within the yahoo database.

ex: Gordon is found here
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players?typ ... me&query=G

Now, I know players usually have to at least play some games the prior season to be added but Delmon Young, Felix Pie, and a few others was added March 1st to the Yahoo 2006 database before playing an MLB game. Young didn't get called up till late in 2006 and Pie has still never played a game.

So, are the players mentioned above, and the like, going to be in the yahoo database at the start of the 2007 Yahoo season? On March 1st? When? Any insight you could give on the subject would be welcomed, thanks.

Along with Funston and Buser, my job as content contributor is writing, researching and finding ways to stir up controversy among the fantasy masses so you guys can send me long, e-mail tirades, which I revel in. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a role in what players engineers place in the game. My best guess: Highly touted rookies (i.e. Young, Gordon, Pie, Hughes, Bailey) who have the best chance of making the Opening Day roster, will be in the initial database. Guys like Cam Maybrin, who need another year or two of minor league seasoning, will be added once they don a Big League jersey. Again, this is merely a guess.
BigNoise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: RE: Yahoo!

Postby BigNoise » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:14 am

suppasonic wrote:Dear Bradley,

Congrats on your Fantasy Football league victory. It was a hard-fought battle all the way to the finals and while I (Santa Barbarians) took the regular season, you dominated the super bowl. I retract negative statements I may have made about you (but not Funston).

Will you be doing an experts baseball league as well? I'd love to sign up again.

Suppa, you were a fierce competitor my friend, but "Big Daddy" Dayne and Busta Rhymes clone Steven Jackson ate their way to a championship.

From what I've been told, yes, we will be doing a beat-the-experts baseball league. For all you Funston haters, this is your SECOND chance to take down the widow peaked one, and yours truly. Check out the Y! Sports Blog for more info come March.
BigNoise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BigNoise » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:32 am

Snakes Gould wrote:pretty quick to believe its actually evans, arent we boys? could be an impostor }:-)

Come on man, do you really think some loser would go on a fantasy message board and disguise themselves as me? Leave that one up to the "Grassy Knoll" and "Mark Prior abused steroids" conspiracy theorists.

BTW, as a die-hard Cubs fan, I'm touching myself over Rich "Climbin' up on Solisbury" Hill and Ryan "The Chariot" Theriot (if, and when, the Cubs realize Ceasar Izturis is not the answer at short). See, only a person of my lame intellect could come up with such ridiculous nicknames.

Here are a couple of thoughts on each guy to whet your whistles:

Hill's hammer is nearly unhittable and might be the most beautiful hook in baseball. Now that the mental kinks have been ironed out, the sky's the limit. I can't believe his ADP is 184.3. Like a mid-draft sensation from last year, John Lackey, he'll turn an insane profit (12-15 Ws, 3.50 ERA, 200K, 1.25 WHIP). The man-crush I have on the guy is immeasurable.

Theriot is a prime $1 NL-only target. The dude can really churn the wheels and will be good for 25-plus steals with 300 ABs. "Sweet" Lou mentioned he would like to utilize Theriot in a super-utility role, including spot play in center. Given his versatility (2B, SS, OF, maybe even 3B) he's a dirt cheap Ryan Freel.
BigNoise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby reynolds80 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:45 am

Don't forget about Theriot's strike zone judgement and OBP. It's extremely rare for a guy to step onto a big league field and walk as much as he strikes out, and Theriot does.

(All this of course makes the DeRosa signing that much worse)
reynolds80
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:16 pm

i wasnt implying you were a fake, i just found it interesting that no one questioned it. welcome to the cafe. hopefully you stink around awhile. you'll probably learn a few things from us B-)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers