Big Board Update plus Yahoo Start Date reference... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Big Board Update plus Yahoo Start Date reference...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby redjake » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:50 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:
Got this off of Sportsline:
Position Breakdown:
2B-9
SS-2
3B-34
OF-112
DH-6

By this,Funston is correct in listing him as elegible at 2/3/OF.

I think what is key w/ Figgins is that 7 of those 9 appearances were actual starts. And, CBS states that Glaus' 8 SS appearances were all starts as well - both exceeding the 5 start Yahoo eligibility requirement.

I think? :-B
redjake
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:04 pm

redjake wrote:I think what is key w/ Figgins is that 7 of those 9 appearances were actual starts. And, CBS states that Glaus' 8 SS appearances were all starts as well - both exceeding the 5 start Yahoo eligibility requirement.

I think? :-B

You are correct. ;-D
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jfg » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:59 pm

I don't know why Yahoo has to be different. It's way too lenient and a loophole in the system rather than strategy. The top tier SS's are devalued because Glaus is eligible, and I'm sure there will be other players this year that get 5 games at a position due to injury that shouldn't be eligible. It wouldn't be so bad if they were eligible only for this year, but because of 5 abnormal games they get the eligibility for the whole next year as well? Ridiculous.

Yahoo would be lambasted if they actually changed it though due to keeper leagues.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 95)

RE: Yahoo!

Postby BigNoise » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:26 pm

Hey Guys,

This is fantasy columnist Brad Evans from Yahoo! Yes, I'm the j-hole with the receeding hairline who constantly remarks about man-crushes and ridiculous nicknames.

Just to clarify the rumors flying around about the launch date of the baseball product, yes, Funston is correct, leagues will be available in mid-February.

On another note, I know a few of you have ridiculed our coverage in the past, but this year we'll bring the noise with the best of them. Look for a bombardment of original material to post at launch and throughout spring training.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them and I'll try to answer a few. Thanks for the continued support!
BigNoise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: RE: Yahoo!

Postby mweir145 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:53 pm

BigNoise wrote:Hey Guys,

This is fantasy columnist Brad Evans from Yahoo! Yes, I'm the j-hole with the receeding hairline who constantly remarks about man-crushes and ridiculous nicknames.

Just to clarify the rumors flying around about the launch date of the baseball product, yes, Funston is correct, leagues will be available in mid-February.

On another note, I know a few of you have ridiculed our coverage in the past, but this year we'll bring the noise with the best of them. Look for a bombardment of original material to post at launch and throughout spring training.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them and I'll try to answer a few. Thanks for the continued support!

Welcome to the Cafe, and thanks for the clarification. ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:07 am

Yes, definetly thanks for stopping by. I post here about Funston's updates to his big board from time to time ... interestingly cafe'ers have been more friendly to his rankings this year than last.

i.e., this post

Mid-February? Not too far away before we all create leagues way too early, I guess. :-D

Btw, my Image (<----) hairline's worse than (---->)
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby nissan_350z » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:36 am

Hey Brad. Just wondering... will online drafts be available the same day Fantasy Baseball launches?

Looking forward to the extra material you guys will be providing! My baseball league has enjoyed the services provided by Yahoo, and we will be converting to Plus this year.
nissan_350z
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:42 am

Great to have you on board!

Okay, I got a big question for you. One in fact that was discussed here greatly last week I believe. Within the yahoo player database, Alex Gordon, Philip Hughes, Adam Miller, Cameron Maybin, Billy Butler, etc., etc. are currently found within the yahoo database.

ex: Gordon is found here
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players?typ ... me&query=G

Now, I know players usually have to at least play some games the prior season to be added but Delmon Young, Felix Pie, and a few others was added March 1st to the Yahoo 2006 database before playing an MLB game. Young didn't get called up till late in 2006 and Pie has still never played a game.

So, are the players mentioned above, and the like, going to be in the yahoo database at the start of the 2007 Yahoo season? On March 1st? When? Any insight you could give on the subject would be welcomed, thanks.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 118)

Postby suppasonic » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:45 am

Dear Bradley,

Congrats on your Fantasy Football league victory. It was a hard-fought battle all the way to the finals and while I (Santa Barbarians) took the regular season, you dominated the super bowl. I retract negative statements I may have made about you (but not Funston).

Will you be doing an experts baseball league as well? I'd love to sign up again.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:07 am

pretty quick to believe its actually evans, arent we boys? could be an impostor }:-)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers