How to do an online auction... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

How to do an online auction...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How to do an online auction...

Postby DaQ » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:17 pm

My league may use an auction for our inagural draft, but I'm not sure how it can be done.

Right now, I believe I have six owners (need 6 more from BU). Once I get twelve though, the only way to do an auction is online, since one guy is abroad.

A fellow Cafe member suggested I use a message board. While the idea sounds easy enough, how would I go about placing players up for bid? Do I just toss out several names per day? Any advice would be extremely helpful. I would also probably need to find a good message board to conduct this on as well. The Cafe of course is a great source ;-D , but then my league will know one of my prime sources of info. :-o
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby converge241 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:43 pm

draw some kind of order beforehand for a "nomination rotation"

I would suggest alphabetically perhaps that way everyone knows who is next to nominate.
if there's a Bob Adams in your league he would nominate any player he wants then if theres a Dave Brass he would then next nominate a player. It would end with Charlie Zeus and then start again with Bob Adams. Everyone should get used to the order cause they just need to know who they are before and after.

Another option is to maybe have a thread per position. Perhaps start with Catcher. And have everyone throw out bids and raises til your set time ends and everyone has a catcher.

Im not sure what site could host something like this though!

One thing though it might be better to try and do a draft all in one sitting on some IM confrence or something. Posting and all may take much longer.

Another suggestions is to maybe auction all your starters one day then maybe a week or two later do a quick supplement draft for your benches.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner