3rd pick... who?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

3rd pick... who??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Big Stick » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:06 pm

Not really sure if Howard is a really good #2 pick. A Rod, Soriano= #2 If I have 3rd pick in H2H 6 teams. I have to pick Santana. In such a shallow league it will be easy to find hitters. Pitchers however will be hard to come by.

If you picking 3, you are looking picks numbers 3-10-15-22-27-34 and etc. Those are all great picks.
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:17 pm

Arod ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Area51's » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:29 pm

i hate 2-4th this year....would rather be lower and get quicker comeback in round 2
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:08 pm

That's an awful league... :-D

I'd go with GAROD.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Red Sox Frizeak » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:50 pm

i have been considering santana but im not sure if thats the right way to go. i am leaning more towards arod now.

with my league categories (possibly) are there certain types of players you would target more over otheres.. possible strategies?
Red Sox Frizeak
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:11 pm

Red Sox Frizeak wrote:i have been considering santana but im not sure if thats the right way to go. i am leaning more towards arod now.

with my league categories (possibly) are there certain types of players you would target more over otheres.. possible strategies?

With those settings, HRs are minimized. You might be better off going for guys who hit for average, get on base a lot with doubles power without K'ing too much. Guys like Giles and Mauer should be very good in this set up.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:43 pm

Reyes
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Red Sox Frizeak » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:07 pm

the 2nd pick looks like it is going to be reyes now, so howard is available for the 3rd pick. now i have to decide between howard and arod.. who do you guys think i should go with. for the 10th pick it also looks like mcab, wright, and beltran are going to be available.. who should i go with out of them.

btw.. i dont think im even considering soriano for 3rd pick because most of the people in the league dont like him so his trade value isnt very good and im not too big on him anyways.
Red Sox Frizeak
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Wharton93 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:37 pm

depends on how big the roster is...do you need 5 OF, or only 3, etc.

I plugged your stats into my model and guys like Crawford and Reyes are uber valuable (good triples). Howard is a bum in this scoring system and Santana is his usual uber self. OBP, BB and Ks kill guys like Soriano--where those "negatives" cancel out a fair amount of the positives.

Or, think about it another way--if Soriano is worthy of a #2 pick in a standard 5v5...and then you add in a bunch of negatives like his K, BB and OBP..how far does that drop him? A few spots.

PS. I took triples out of the equation (since so few are hit and we're talking the smallest of sample sizes)...and Reyes and Crawford still do very well. Santana is still the way to go after Pujols.
Wharton93
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Red Sox Frizeak » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:01 pm

so you think it would be a better idea to take santana with my 3rd pick over arod? in past experiences in this format ive its always been more focused on hitting in the early rounds, but i dont disagree that santana is very helpful. still not sure which way i should go
Red Sox Frizeak
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers