What's everyone here do for work? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What's everyone here do for work?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's everyone here do for work?

Postby nsulham » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:50 pm

Just out of curiosity?

I myself am a sports writer for the local newspaper here. Not exactly my "ideal" job (went to school to become a sportscaster) but it gets me by in this chitty economy, although I am looking for a better full-time job.

I absolutely love working in a sports-related field though so I can't gripe about the low pay, even though I am a fresh-faced kid right out of school and it's what I should expect *grumble grumble*

Anyways I'm interested in finding out what everyone else does for work when their not busy posting here.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:06 pm

Professional-Amatuer Bowler. It's the only sport in the world where you can earn a living and still be considered an amatuer.

Certified Bowling Instructor as well. :-) .
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Mad'sWife » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:15 am

I work with server and computers. ;-D

I am an Operations Analyst with the following certifications.

A+
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Veritas Certified Data Protection Administrator

Basicly I fix stuff. :-D
I think everyone is looking for a better job. :-]
We either make ourselves happy or miserable.

The amount of work is the same.
Mad'sWife
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 294
Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fort Worth Tx

Postby Brokentusks9 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:39 am

I'm a poor college student.

Although I don't think that's an actual occupation.

Hey nsulham, I see you're from Pennsylvania, do you cover the Phantoms at all...or, what teams do you cover?
Brokentusks9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 628
Joined: 20 Nov 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Saskatoon

Postby Grenade Teeth » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:47 am

I'm a Programmer, Web Designer, Help Desk Technician, Database Administrator, System Administrator. I basically typo, debug, debug again, answer phones, give bs answers (unless I know the answer, then I have to lie), and on really really special days, reset passwords and clear caches.
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 375
Joined: 3 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Demolished

Postby Grenade Teeth » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:48 am

Mad'sWife wrote:I work with server and computers. ;-D

I am an Operations Analyst with the following certifications.

A+
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Veritas Certified Data Protection Administrator

Basicly I fix stuff. :-D
I think everyone is looking for a better job. :-]


got any positions for a moron who's slow on his feet who spends half the day in the bathroom?
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 375
Joined: 3 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Demolished

Postby Grenade Teeth » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:53 am

Madison wrote:Professional-Amatuer Bowler. It's the only sport in the world where you can earn a living and still be considered an amatuer.

Certified Bowling Instructor as well. :-) .


Nice job, dude. You must have incredible talent to spend 10 hours a day here and keep your skills up. You post in between frames? It's a crazy world out there, try not to get Munsoned.
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 375
Joined: 3 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Demolished

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:05 pm

Grenade Teeth wrote:
Madison wrote:Professional-Amatuer Bowler. It's the only sport in the world where you can earn a living and still be considered an amatuer.

Certified Bowling Instructor as well. :-) .


Nice job, dude. You must have incredible talent to spend 10 hours a day here and keep your skills up. You post in between frames? It's a crazy world out there, try not to get Munsoned.


10 hours here, 5 hours sleeping, that leaves me 9 hours for everything else. :-) Plenty of time. ;-D

Munsoned! Yikes! 8-o I'd have to learn to bowl left handed then. I'm not very good left handed, only average about 150, compared to 225 or so right handed.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby cwebb » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:12 pm

Madison wrote:10 hours here, 5 hours sleeping, that leaves me 9 hours for everything else. :-) Plenty of time. ;-D


How much time for your lovely wife? ;-) btw, after reading all those blonde jokes: Is Mad's Wife blonde? Does she like to pretend being blonde on these forums? Will this mystery ever be solved?
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1106
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: in scoring position

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:16 pm

cwebb wrote:
Madison wrote:10 hours here, 5 hours sleeping, that leaves me 9 hours for everything else. :-) Plenty of time. ;-D


How much time for your lovely wife? ;-) btw, after reading all those blonde jokes: Is Mad's Wife blonde? Does she like to pretend being blonde on these forums? Will this mystery ever be solved?


Yes, my wife gets plenty of time. :-) And yes, she is blonde. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact