Your final score of the Super Bowl - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Your final score of the Super Bowl

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:31 pm

Yoda wrote:Well considering he wasn't very good in college, I am not sure how high his ceiling is. Brees we all knew he had the talent.

Also, how many SBs does he need to blow before you decide he is not THE guy? :-D

He almost won the Heisman as a Sophmore. He was very good in college, did you watch the UF games when he played?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:35 pm

earned a 146.77 passer rating, becoming the third most efficient passer in the Southeastern Conference's history.He also threw 77 touchdowns for 9,164 yards.

from Wikepedia

He also owns 18 passing records at UF and the heisman he lost to Crouch was the second closest in history and i think had he been something other than a soph he would have won. The next year we had Zook as our coach and he still played well, but left after that season.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sox 06 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:37 pm

sox 06 wrote:Colts win 31-17 and Rex Grossman has a QB rating below 35.

I'd say both of those were pretty accurate predictions. B-) ;-D :-)
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:50 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
earned a 146.77 passer rating, becoming the third most efficient passer in the Southeastern Conference's history.He also threw 77 touchdowns for 9,164 yards.

from Wikepedia

He also owns 18 passing records at UF and the heisman he lost to Crouch was the second closest in history and i think had he been something other than a soph he would have won. The next year we had Zook as our coach and he still played well, but left after that season.

Has Florida ever produced a solid NFL QB?? You could say that Grossman's numbers in college were more because of the system than his individual talent.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Yoda » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:13 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

from Wikepedia

Has Florida ever produced a solid NFL QB?? You could say that Grossman's numbers in college were more because of the system than his individual talent.

Exactly. His stats are much better than I remember (my memory is fuzzy sometimes) but I do remember that he was not a very good QB.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby danleroi22 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:14 pm

Mine was Colts 27-17 Bears... pretty darn close.
[b]Thanks Franchise for the sig!

The [url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2014799#2014799]CTU Agents[/url] of the Aces High Cafe Challenge League.[/b]
danleroi22 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:35 pm

Yoda wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

from Wikepedia

Exactly. His stats are much better than I remember (my memory is fuzzy sometimes) but I do remember that he was not a very good QB.

We went 10-2 and then we went 9-5 (second year was under Zook, but even under a crappy system Grossman played well.)

LoFunzo---

I wasn't saying he translates into a great pro QB, i was saying he was a good college QB and Yoda said he wasn't. He had great college numbers and led us to many wins.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby byfrcp » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:47 pm

sox 06 wrote:

His rating was actually 68.3 only 12 less than Mannings.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby sox 06 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:58 pm

byfrcp wrote:
sox 06 wrote:

His rating was actually 68.3 only 12 less than Mannings.

Ahh, the score was accurate though. ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:15 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

from Wikepedia

We went 10-2 and then we went 9-5 (second year was under Zook, but even under a crappy system Grossman played well.)

LoFunzo---

I wasn't saying he translates into a great pro QB, i was saying he was a good college QB and Yoda said he wasn't. He had great college numbers and led us to many wins.

Fair enough. He had solid numbers in college. My main point was that, even with the nice offensive system, they haven't produced any solid QB's to date.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to General Talk