Your final score of the Super Bowl - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Your final score of the Super Bowl

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:21 pm

<------- PO'd
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DevilDriver » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:29 pm

They had the lead right off the bat, why didn't they keep handing it off to TJ against the league's worst rushing defense? :-t
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby RugbyD » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:43 pm

RugbyD wrote:Mini Ditka - 99.5

the entire maiing family + other Colts - 3 (only b/c Vinatieri's italian and therefore can kick a 73-yarder)

i blame the above not coming true on Ced's injury.

and bob sanders being awesomne.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:07 am

RugbyD wrote:
RugbyD wrote:Mini Ditka - 99.5

the entire maiing family + other Colts - 3 (only b/c Vinatieri's italian and therefore can kick a 73-yarder)

i blame the above not coming true on Ced's injury.

and bob sanders being awesomne.
Ya, it hurt when Thunder went down, but Lightning still ran well.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jmlevy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:25 am

Never been more pissed at a game that had literally nothing to do with my favorite team, the Titans...

The reason: now I have to listen to 15,000 born-again Colts fans celebrating their g-d forsaken victory tomorrow at class. Bloomington, Indiana is going straight to h*ll!

I have considered skipping my one and only class tomorrow, and I would certainly do so if not for a quiz in class. Shoot me now, I can hear it "OMG, I like drove up to Indy airport last night to celebrate with the Colts and Peyton Manning, and some other black players......Reggie someone and like Mark Harrison...and there was some kid named Adice! It was like the greatest time of my [lousy @$$] life!"

or how about "DUDE, I am so happy I started cheering for the Colts at the beginning of this year. I mean, I thought we were gunna go undefeated this time around and once we lost our first game and were getting dominated on defense, I sorta lost focus until I found out we beat New England a couple of weeks ago and were actually in the Superbowl...Who would have ever thought Peyton could lead a team in the playoffs?!"

Ya, i'm just a HATER...

But hey, this gives more credibility to the Titans...we beat a team that ended up superbowl champs ;-)

And VY was added to the Pro Bowl roster on the same day...oh well, ill go with a .500 average any day hehe

GO TITANS!!!
Owner of the Atlanta Braves in Strike Zone Dynasty
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby gostanford07 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:23 am

perlick29 wrote:Bears 24
Colts 16

If that hold up I'm 1000 dollars richer since I have colts 6 bears 4 in my football pool.

Double Quarter winner? Or does your pool only do final scores? This 12 year old girl had 6 and 4 and won 200 for the first two quarters in ours. Where's the justice?
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby mak1277 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:41 am

mak1277 wrote:Bears 19
Colts 13

at least 7 total turnovers.

One out of two isn't bad...I guess
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Yoda » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:39 am

Is it just me or was that the worst SB ever? Even the crowd just cleared out after the game was over. Unbelievable.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:43 am

Yoda wrote:Is it just me or was that the worst SB ever? Even the crowd just cleared out after the game was over. Unbelievable.

Maybe the weirdest. The crowd could have cleared out because they were getting rained on for 4 hours plus. The game was weird because, no matter what the score says, the Bears weren't in this game. At 14-6, they had basically 2 big plays (the KO return and the long run by Jones). Indy was moving the ball at will. When it was 16-14, I am not sure if there was a person in America that thought that the Bears had a chance.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Yoda » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:51 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Yoda wrote:Is it just me or was that the worst SB ever? Even the crowd just cleared out after the game was over. Unbelievable.

Maybe the weirdest. The crowd could have cleared out because they were getting rained on for 4 hours plus. The game was weird because, no matter what the score says, the Bears weren't in this game. At 14-6, they had basically 2 big plays (the KO return and the long run by Jones). Indy was moving the ball at will. When it was 16-14, I am not sure if there was a person in America that thought that the Bears had a chance.

Bingo. Any good team would have blown the helmets off Chicago by the second quarter a la 49ers/Broncos. But Indy was equally bad that they kept it close.

Even the commercials were awful. Outside of Federline (which we've all seen it two weeks before it aired), nothing was memorable.

Grossman is the worst QB to ever play in the Super Bowl. They should have benched him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk