Adds/Drops on CBS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Adds/Drops on CBS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adds/Drops on CBS

Postby AuburnTigers » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:59 pm

For years now I have allowed for adds/drops to be made all of the time. I dont like this because you have to constantly check the latest player news hoping to find the next Papelbon.

I would like to make it where all free agents always remain on the waiver wire. It would be ideal if adds/drops could be made twice a week, like on Wed. night and Sunday night every week. Other than me manually doing this, is there a way to accomplich this with the commish settings?

Thanks for any help or suggestions
AuburnTigers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby commence8 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:06 pm

That's a really good question...I tried, but can't figure out how to do what you said.

I use Fanball for fantasy football, and I can do this with Fanball.
commence8
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Gremedies » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:13 pm

I don't think there's anyway to do that on CBS.
Gremedies
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby commence8 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:18 pm

What do the people in your league think about this? I think if you follow baseball everyday, you should have some sort of edge. Only allowing teams to pick up free agents twice a week is a bit rough.

In football, I do a new round of claims everyday at 6pm.
commence8
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:56 pm

Funny... I was looking into how to do this in my league... I *think* I came up with a solution. If you use the FAAB system in CBS, you can give everyone zero dollars to work with and allow zero dollar bids to be used. In this way, all players need to be bid on and you can set it up for whatever days you want. I believe this will do what you want.

In this case, you would then also use the waiver priority scheme to determine who would win bids. You can set the waiver/bid priority based on reverse order of standings or just set it once at the beginning and let the bid winners go to the back of the line.

If this won't work, I'd like to know! Thanks.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby dmendro » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:34 pm

I'm pretty sure last year had a waiver option so that all players were on waivers all the time.

Your best bet is to turn on commish approval of add/drops on and have him process it based on what ever order he wants. You might want to send in a request to the sportsline support desk. They've been very helpful to me in the past in figuring out how to do things the way I want to.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Black 'N Blue Podcast
RSS Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BlacknBlue
Beating each other up one sport at a time.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:38 pm

dmendro wrote:I'm pretty sure last year had a waiver option so that all players were on waivers all the time.

This definitely is not an option this year... we were on Yahoo Plus last year, so I can't say how it was then.

dmendro wrote:Your best bet is to turn on commish approval of add/drops on and have him process it based on what ever order he wants. You might want to send in a request to the sportsline support desk. They've been very helpful to me in the past in figuring out how to do things the way I want to.

As a commissioner, I'd never turn this option on :-) I wouldn't want any part of managing it.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dmendro » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:42 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:
dmendro wrote:I'm pretty sure last year had a waiver option so that all players were on waivers all the time.

This definitely is not an option this year... we were on Yahoo Plus last year, so I can't say how it was then.

dmendro wrote:Your best bet is to turn on commish approval of add/drops on and have him process it based on what ever order he wants. You might want to send in a request to the sportsline support desk. They've been very helpful to me in the past in figuring out how to do things the way I want to.

As a commissioner, I'd never turn this option on :-) I wouldn't want any part of managing it.

It's actually quite easy, you lick to approve each one. But suit yourself. We used to do everything manually, including maintaining our own PHP driven web application for doing add/drops and calculating scores from dumps from a 3rd party website. Our administration is 1/20th of what it used to be. ;)
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:49 pm

dmendro wrote: It's actually quite easy, you lick to approve each one. But suit yourself. We used to do everything manually, including maintaining our own PHP driven web application for doing add/drops and calculating scores from dumps from a 3rd party website. Our administration is 1/20th of what it used to be. ;)

Oh sure - I realize its not hard, but then if I'm offline for a couple of days, then I have to listen to people whining. I'd rather automate it.

And you used to do a web app? No paper, pencil, and snail mail? :-)
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dmendro » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:52 am

Bloody Sox wrote:
dmendro wrote: It's actually quite easy, you lick to approve each one. But suit yourself. We used to do everything manually, including maintaining our own PHP driven web application for doing add/drops and calculating scores from dumps from a 3rd party website. Our administration is 1/20th of what it used to be. ;)

Oh sure - I realize its not hard, but then if I'm offline for a couple of days, then I have to listen to people whining. I'd rather automate it.

And you used to do a web app? No paper, pencil, and snail mail? :-)

I'm only 30. The webs been around since I was in high school. ;)
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner