My 2007 Positional Rankings are up (TOP 150 IS UP) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My 2007 Positional Rankings are up (TOP 150 IS UP)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ironman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:56 am

mrobinson wrote:do you think that a safer pick like ray of balt should be ahead of francisco cordero?

just asking since cordero had his share of problems last year and ray seemed pretty steady all year. i havent analyzed RPs yet so i may be wrong here, but my understanding is that f. cordero is on some shaky ground.


Right now, with all the sources I have, Cordero carries an average ranking of 12.0 compared to Ray's 13.3. However Cordero's standard deviation is 1.83 while Ray is 3.22, so taking Ray ahead of Cordero, certainly isn't out of the question.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby Ender » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:00 am

mrobinson wrote:do you think that a safer pick like ray of balt should be ahead of francisco cordero?

just asking since cordero had his share of problems last year and ray seemed pretty steady all year. i havent analyzed RPs yet so i may be wrong here, but my understanding is that f. cordero is on some shaky ground.


Cordero had one bad month and it was April, that doesn't offset all the previous years where he was a solid closer.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:54 pm

Ender wrote:
mrobinson wrote:do you think that a safer pick like ray of balt should be ahead of francisco cordero?

just asking since cordero had his share of problems last year and ray seemed pretty steady all year. i havent analyzed RPs yet so i may be wrong here, but my understanding is that f. cordero is on some shaky ground.


Cordero had one bad month and it was April, that doesn't offset all the previous years where he was a solid closer.


I think the biggest knock on Cordero is that he puts too many on base. His WHIP has never been that great.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby PhilliesPhan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:46 pm

Hey Ironman, are you still planning on putting out an overall ranking list?
Thanks again! ;-D
PhilliesPhan
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 292
Joined: 4 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Philly

Postby ironman » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:33 pm

PhilliesPhan wrote:Hey Ironman, are you still planning on putting out an overall ranking list?
Thanks again! ;-D


Yes, I've been busy this past week and my house has been battling a cold. I'll definitely have it ready this coming week.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby Sjeff22 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:18 pm

ironman wrote:
PhilliesPhan wrote:Hey Ironman, are you still planning on putting out an overall ranking list?
Thanks again! ;-D


Yes, I've been busy this past week and my house has been battling a cold. I'll definitely have it ready this coming week.



How is this coming along? I am eagerly anticipating it. B-)
Sjeff22
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 137
Joined: 27 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BeanTown » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:49 am

I have a draft coming up on Saturday. I'd love to hear an update on how the overall list is coming along.

Thanks
Image
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 188
Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Winning!

Postby dewey finn » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:48 am

Same here, I"d like to use your overall rankings for my Sunday draft. Put up preferrably on Friday so I can print it out at work please and thanks!!
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 513
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Ender » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:06 am

ironman wrote:
Ender wrote:
mrobinson wrote:do you think that a safer pick like ray of balt should be ahead of francisco cordero?

just asking since cordero had his share of problems last year and ray seemed pretty steady all year. i havent analyzed RPs yet so i may be wrong here, but my understanding is that f. cordero is on some shaky ground.


Cordero had one bad month and it was April, that doesn't offset all the previous years where he was a solid closer.


I think the biggest knock on Cordero is that he puts too many on base. His WHIP has never been that great.


Yeah that is true, its why he's not a nathan level closer. But to say that he's somehow risky compared to Chris Ray like the original poster I quoted said is kind of off base. I expect a big dropoff from Ray this year, his indicators did not come close to matching his stats last year.
Last edited by Ender on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PhilliesPhan » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:47 am

Add me to that list.....DRAFT = FRIDAY NIGHT 8-o
PhilliesPhan
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 292
Joined: 4 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Philly

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Oct. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Detroit at Baltimore
(5:37 pm)
Kansas City at LA Angels
(9:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact